damn birds

LGR

So Birds love to attack my jeep, seems like every bird on the steet aims for my hood. If i don't clean it up right away it seems to eat my paint really good. Is there a way I can stop this with some kind of protecting goop or somthing? Normally its waxed and that seems to help. But this radio active bird crap just eats through it all the time, its starting to chip off in places from it. Anyone?

Using a good wax will usually be the best protectant for it. Not just the spray on stuff at the car wash, but the stuff you actually apply by hand. Then, when the birds do attack again, wipe it off at least that day. The hot sun will make the bird dropping's effects even worse.

Yeah, I'm at work, so it happens then, and in front of my house there is no shade so it just bakes it. I guess i'll compound it when i see it, and rewax that spot.

Snitty said:
mud makes a good protective shell
image-missing.png

I can't wait until my paint gets really bad. Gonna get some black green and brown rattle cans and well....i guess you can figure out the rest.

i've got 1000 miles left on my warranty - last time i washed it i noticed hail damage from a storm last summer.......wish it was only bird sh*#. my advice is.....don't worry about it. first time you scrape a big rock down the side, the bird droppings will completely leave your mind. you're not planning on "showing" it are you?? it's a Jeep -- just gives it character.
just my $.02
mud4feet

Seems like where I live the birds never touch my jeep unless I wash it. The second it's washed, guaranteed some bird will come along and crap all over it...I think they're out to get me. As for protecting the jeep, the only thing I can think of is to keep up with the wax.

I can't wait until my paint gets really bad. Gonna get some black green and brown rattle cans and well....i guess you can figure out the rest.

i started doing that.. but so far, my hood is olive drab green... thats it

LOL. Here's my random bird story:

During the spring a bunch of birds always hung around in the bushes by my driveway. I made the mistake of leaving my wrangler's windows open one afternoon. Well, I always go out and zip them after dark (when it's cool outside). I found out the next day that there were 3 birds which had spent the night in my wrangler. They left me plenty of reminders too :wink:

lesson learned.... Make sure there are no birds in the wrangler before zipping up the windows :mrgreen: :roll:

-Nick :!:

yeah, i never had a bird living in there..the cat that lives across the street spent a night or two in there, what i get for leaving the doors off. I'd like to paint the jeep OD. so the paint should get screwed up..somebody should come by my house with some paint thinner or somthing and dump it all over.

XJNick said:
LOL. Here's my random bird story:

During the spring a bunch of birds always hung around in the bushes by my driveway. I made the mistake of leaving my wrangler's windows open one afternoon. Well, I always go out and zip them after dark (when it's cool outside). I found out the next day that there were 3 birds which had spent the night in my wrangler. They left me plenty of reminders too :wink:

lesson learned.... Make sure there are no birds in the wrangler before zipping up the windows :mrgreen: :roll:

-Nick :!:

I went camping this spring and had a bird actually building a nest in my YJ overnight......

I agree, a good shell of mud is your best defense! :lol:

Yea, birds suck. The other day I left a bag of seeds in my car and like 4 crows got to them overnight. Left about 3 craps in my car along with seed shells EVERYWHERE. When I have my top off it seems like some bird craps inside like every couple weeks. Always comes out though so I guess it's not that big of a deal. Annoying though. They do make good practice with my airsoft gun tho!! haha

I am not sure if it is made by turtle wax or some other product, but a GUN would work quite well! have some buddies come over to help, dinner and a show!

hehehe

Back