Crank Seal Ventilation Problem?

Beach_Jeep

Last weekend my CJ7 got locked in 2nd gear. I got it up to the local transmission shop so they could take a look. It seems that I lucked out on this one, gear shift tower jumped out of place. No big deal.
My rear main seal as well as oil pan are both leaking and have been for some time. I asked about an estimate on this repair and they told me I have a crank seal ventilation problem? They also said it was out of their expertise to repair. The shop said that if they were to replace the wore out seals without locating the ventilation problem, they would simply blow out again. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Crankcase ventilation, check the CCV valve on the valve cover to make sure it's not plugged, and check the vacuum line running from the valve cover to the intake side, it should have a small orifice inline somewhere that is easily clogged.

Build up too much pressure in the crankcase, it will find the path of least resistance. Valve cover gasket leaking too?

The valve cover it leaking from the rear. Where is the CCV Valve located on the cover?

Thanks for your help!

Beach_Jeep said:
The valve cover it leaking from the rear. Where is the CCV Valve located on the cover?

Thanks for your help!
Your valve cover has 3 holes in it -

First is your Oil fill.
Next is your PCV valve.
All the way in the back is the Crankcase Vent.

I replaced mine with a breather element - no hose.

Back