Congratulations to Mingez' City - El Paso, Texas

southtj

El Paso, Texas Named Sweatiest U.S. City

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&e=20&u=/nm/life_sweaty_dc

NEW YORK (Reuters) - "Sun City" Texas just became Sweat City U.S.A.

El Paso, Texas, with average summer temperatures above 93 degrees Fahrenheit and relative humidity over 70 percent, is the sweatiest city in the United States, a study released on Tuesday found.

Research scientist Tim Long calculated heat indexes and relative humidity levels to come up with his top 100 sweatiest cities in America list.

By Long's calculations, in just four hours, El Paso's residents produce enough sweat to fill an Olympic swimming (news - web sites) pool, with individuals shedding more than 36 fluid ounces of perspiration an hour.

"The driving force is heat, but humidity is a key factor," said Long. "It can feel like 118 in El Paso but it's only 94."

For the dubious honor, El Paso Mayor Joe Wardy will receive a year's supply of Red Zone antiperspirant from Old Spice, a brand owned by consumer products company Procter & Gamble Co. and the sponsor of the study.

The next four sweatiest U.S. cities are: Greenville, South Carolina; Phoenix, Arizona; Corpus Christi, Texas; and New Orleans, Louisiana.

I can't believe that Memphis didn't make the top five. In the summer, I start sweating just walking to the car.

Right now my temp ( New Orleans) is 84 with 67% humidity. Feeling sorry for the top 4.
You sweat just thinking about going outside.

We all should know by now that Mingez is from SoCal and will probably refute any ideas of El Paso being "his town"!!!

Sweatiest City... what an honor. EEEeeeeew

Hmmm...

The news said tonight that San Antonio, TX is the 15th sweatiest city (down from #4 last year). It's very sweaty here, I can just imagine what El Paso must be like at this time of year... :shock:

-Nick :!:

hahahahaha. For the record, I'm from NORTHERN California. Bay Area represent!!

I saw that article as well, and it's hard to believe. I think it's the dry weather, which causes sweat to evaporate quickly, and thus we must develop new sweat to combat the heat. Also, the lack of sufficient refridgerated air is also a factor.

El Paso, no longer my home any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Las Cruces New Mexico here I come.

Snitty said:
whatever city i'm in, is the sweatiest city... i'll sweat in a blizzard in january, naked

Hey Snitty, you just keep that info to yourself. :lol: :lol:

Back