College Football 2007

mud4feet

Has anyone else enjoyed the college football season this year as much as I have!! Week after week after week we rediscover that all the "pollsters" and "pundits" really don't have a clue!!! On this level "heart" does still overcome "superior talent" quite often. I LOVE IT!!!

And then there's the BCS......:( :redface: :( :redface: :(

What a joke!!! The only sport on ANY level (grade school, high school, college, pro) WITHOUT some sort of playoff system. A sport where the ONLY undefeated team (Hawaii) doesn't even have a chance of playing for the championship. It's disgusting. THE best college game I watched last year was the Fiesta Bowl (Boise St. vs. Oklahoma). What a game!!!!! And the only undefeated team last year (Boise St.) was not the National Champion!?!?!?!!

Opinions are welcomed!!!

Geaux Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea I agree with you about the whole BCS bowl thing. It's kinda silly. On a lighter note, we got BC good yesterday.

currupt, I'm thinkin' VT could have a shot at the "Championship" if we had a playoff like every other sport!!! They're playin' pretty good ball! Loved seeing them beat BC.

currupt, I'm thinkin' VT could have a shot at the "Championship" if we had a playoff like every other sport!!! They're playin' pretty good ball! Loved seeing them beat BC.

I know, it really aggravates me. We started off slow, but we've really picked up the game.

Well, the results are out............the ONLY undefeated team (the Hawaii Warriors) in "major college" football will be playing in the Sugar Bowl (for probably 4th or 5th place in the final rankings). We've got an undefeated team playing in the Sugar Bowl and a team with one loss playing a team with 2 losses for the "National Championship"!?!?!:( :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Does anyone else see the see the flaw in this system?

Rose Bowl!

image-missing.png

Well, the results are out............the ONLY undefeated team (the Hawaii Warriors) in "major college" football will be playing in the Sugar Bowl (for probably 4th or 5th place in the final rankings). We've got an undefeated team playing in the Sugar Bowl and a team with one loss playing a team with 2 losses for the "National Championship"!?!?!:( :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Does anyone else see the see the flaw in this system?

Yea, but apparently they had THE easiest schedule. Colt Brennan is pretty damn good though... OSU is gonna get stomped.

Well, Corrupt, It's your Hokies against my Hawks in Miami. What's your predictions?

Mud, I agree with you on college football not having some kind of playoff.
I don't think that the current system is accurate sometime. (enter Hawaii)

I have always loved college basketball, because of March Madness. Nothing like it in sports, IMO.

Yea, but apparently they had THE easiest schedule. Colt Brennan is pretty damn good though... OSU is gonna get stomped.

This season, above all others, should show us that "strength of schedule" doesn't really mean SQUAT!! Ask Michigan.....scheduled 1-AA App. State at home and figured they had a cakewalk.............SURPRISE!!!!! Bottom line is - NOBODY beat Hawaii..........they should at least have a CHANCE to play for the championship. (Remember Boise St. last year????? Only undefeated team in "major college football" and I think they finished 4th or 5th in the final rankings......what a JOKE!!!!).

We REALLY need a playoff.............and I hope the Warriors kick UGA's arse!!!

"Hoosiers". "Miracle". the "Miracle Mets". Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl against BIG, BAD Oklahoma and their "strong" schedule...............need I say more????

That's what sports is all about...............just give 'em a CHANCE!!!!!!

Great to hear, currupt!!!!! Enjoy the weather!! Just a shame it's not a "playoff" game (or even the Championship!!!!).

Give 'em all a chance to prove it on the field, instead of basing it on people's "opinions", I say!!

Go Hokies!!!!!

The BCS would be fine for figuring up the top 16 teams... I guess you could say it's that accurate, but after that it should be up to which team wants it the most

Unabashed prediction:

Sugar Bowl: Hawaii 52 Georgia (BIG,BAD SEC) 34

Go Warriors!!!!!!! The ONLY undefeated, "major" college football team!!!!!!!

(Currently ranked around 11th or 12th - Yea!! BCS!!!!

Back