CO2 tank

mingez

MODS- please don't move, I posted this in Gen Chat because the XJ forum doesn't get enough traffic, and this pertains to all vehicles.

Any of you do this? What are your thoughts? Can you run air lockers off of this set up?

http://www.wt4wheeling.com/tech/co2tank.htm

image-missing.png

i love my CO2 system blows up tires faster than any electric air compressor i have ever seen, easly re-seat beads, can run air tools, and yes you can use this to activate arb lockers. i dont have air lockers but i have seen it done before. you just have to buy a air manifold i think you can get one thrue power tank HTH.
slink

Snitty said:
why would anyone move this thread?
Because it's not really Gen Chat.
Go thru all of the recent Gen Chat posts. Any tech/related thread in Gen chat has been moved recently. I don't know why. Never used to happen.

i haven't noticed anything being moved... maybe i just wasn't looking.. but... general is general... which to me means anything... a CO2 tank can be put in any vehicle... not just any specific... so it is without a doubt a general discussion... plus.. the general forum is a common for all of us owners... some may just visit general/swb.. some may just visit general/lwb.... i think everyone here visits general... so i don't see why anything should ever be moved out of general if that is where it is started... unless there is something obscene where it should be deleted

$7-$10 a fill sounds a little high, you could probably get it filled for about half that. I used to run a 20# bottle for my kegerator and it was about $10 a fill from a local soda distro

That could definately be done cheaply! My work truck has a nitrogen bottle on it for drying aircore telco cables. We also use it to power air tools or in a pinch, fill a tire.

Snitty said:
i haven't noticed anything being moved... maybe i just wasn't looking.. but... general is general... which to me means anything... a CO2 tank can be put in any vehicle... not just any specific... so it is without a doubt a general discussion... plus.. the general forum is a common for all of us owners... some may just visit general/swb.. some may just visit general/lwb.... i think everyone here visits general... so i don't see why anything should ever be moved out of general if that is where it is started... unless there is something obscene where it should be deleted

Yeah, just go to Gen Chat. Then scroll down. You'll see about 10 threads moved.

I'd be okay with 10 bucks a refill. I think a bigger tank would be cool though.

you might try a paintball shop for a refill. I refill a 20oz tank for 3 bucks for a painball gun. I have a high pressure air tank for a paintball gun I plan on using for air on the jeep. This might be advantagous to a person with more than one jeep.

One question what do you set the regulator pressure to?

Back