Clogged air filters

laneiac

"Heavy Duty" U joints

So on the way back from Vegas, I was very mad at the jeep. It just had no power, and sounded like it was struggling. I did a tune up when we left, but overlooked the air filter because I thought I had just changed it. Well, the other day I took a look at the filter, and it was CLOGGED with dirt and grass and whatever else. I put in a K&N and oh my lord, it drives like a good ole 4.0 should. Best 40 bucks I have put into my Jeep.

grass? how'd that get in there?....yeah K&N filter is worth the buy.

Well it was dried up wheat grass, I got a little crazy one evening and me and the lady took a trip up to her parents place. They have a bunch of fields full of dried wheat and I went tearing through there over and over like a bat outta hell. Got done and my radiator was completely covered, as was much of my front suspension and other numerous parts. Learned my lesson, sticking to rocks and trails only now.

I put one on a while ago and could definatly tell the difference! It runs much better and was definatly worth the $40. I get grass in mine all the time...but it is often wet grass. Of course, I manage to get pretty much anything up in there.

Back