Cj-5 and Cj-7 Much room?

fido

Aight I"ve been lookin' at a few Jeeps to buy lately. And i've seen a few Cj-5's and THey seem kina not so spacious. and I haven't seen a Cj-7 except from pictures..

My questions is, Being i'm 6'1, will i have a problem driving this jeep?

Thanks

Hey,

Ya might find the CJ-5 a little snug... buddy of mine had a '79 CJ-5 and he was 6'2"... he always told me he felt like an overgrown grasshopper when he sat in it cause his knees were up by his ears.

CJ-7 has a good bit more room for you to move the seat back. Much more confortable.

Good luck,

Greywolf

I'm 6'4" test drove a CJ5 before I bought my 7. The guy thought I was a total moron because I kept killing it when trying to work the manual transmission. I couldn't get my legs under the steering wheel to work the pedals! My 7 is comfy though.

I am 6'6" and own a 5. It is a little hard to get in and out but I have no problem driving it. If I remember to use the tilt that is not a problem either. I do wish I had some more storage room but the 5 was cheeper.

I'm 6'2" and have a `79 CJ-7. Plenty of room. Only thing is I don't have a tilt steering wheel and it sits a little lower than I'd like, but not that big of a deal. I'd go with the 7!

Hello,
I am 6'-1", but have a 38" waist :lol: :lol: :lol: . I test drove a few Cj5's before I bought my cj7 and I had problems sliding in and out of them. None of them had tilt wheel though. I would like to have tilt on my CJ7 now that I think about it. If you are wearing a large coat and big boots it is hard to get in and out of . Then again I have a size 14 shoe. :lol: :lol: :lol: . I love my Jeep though. GOOD LUCK :D :D

Jackal

Go with the CJ 7 no question. I had a 77 CJ 5 as my first jeep. I'm 5-10 at 168lbs the 5 was tight for me. The 7 also gives you some rear storge space behind the back seat.

Best of luck,

The CJ7's are much roomier and more stable than the CJ5. Both are classics of their time, but I am personallty a "7" fan. Good luck in your decision as long as it is a Jeep you'll be a winner.

Thanks! :) Yuh I'm thinking a 5 sin't taht big i went and looked at the space and it's not much at all :-x

:) :) thank you

Dude, You are the S**T !

Hey, hey, hey, watch it now. I have a 5. :mrgreen:

I am 6'1 and have a 5, it is alright to drive, but a little snug trying to get in it. My uncle has a cj7, and it is much roomier. Another good thing about the 7's are that most year models are wider and longer than the cj5, which, if you are going to want an rock crawler, would be better. But either one is a great vehicle to drive. Good luck.
Wenz

New Jeep Owner... and a Question.

I am 6'2 and have a '77 CJ5 and it IS a lil' tight gettin in & out of it, but once i am in a have no problem driving or shifting or any other things ya' might do. I'm still a "5" fan.

Back