Chrylser refusing to honor warranty

signman

I have a 2000 Wrangler Sahara, only 20,400 miles on it.
Transmission blew out-seems it was filled with sediment/mud/glop-to quote the service mgr.
Chrysler district rep absolutely refuses to allow any warranty replacement-and he has NOT
physically inspected the vehicle-it is in mint, prime condition-not a scratch on it.
Anyone else have this problem dealing with Daimler/Chrysler refusing to honor a warranty
for a vehicle they promote as being capable of going anywhere, anytime with no problem? :evil: [addsig]

i buy all my vehicles WAYYYY after the warranty is up... not sure about how it all works
[addsig]

This goes back a day or 2 but after I got a little over 12,000 miles on my 89 YJ the driver's side seatback snapped and the dealership wouldn't do anything for me. A regional rep looked at it and they told me it was obviously caused by abuse but they would pay for 1/2 the cost of repairs ($165.00). That was to remove the seat cover, weld the frame, and put the old seat cover back on. I ended up putting Fiero seats with speakers in the headrests in it for 75 bucks. That was it for me.......no more mopars in my garage.[addsig]

Yeah, Chrysler's pretty much a pain when it comes to fixing thier own problems. My U-joints kept breaking. The one in my hometown said it was because I was driving my Jeep too hard, but I went to my school downstate and they said that the 4.0 doesnt have enough power to do that. I then took it to the dealership down there and the said that the one in my hometown put the wrong U-joint it. It's just a big goose-chase and a pain. The U-joint is still under warrenty, but I'm not going to take it to the dealerships anymore. I've even decided not to work for Chrysler when I get ASE certified. You're not alone. -Mike :-D [addsig]

In nice words Chrysler/Chrysler financial, they suck. About 2 years ago I was financing A 2000 ford focus (i know dont laugh :lol: )from them I was 9 months pregnant with my daughter and needed a car bad, They charged me 4grand more than a 2001 and my payments were close to $400 a month!!!!!! So after about 3 months i realized i couldnt pay for it so I called the bank to come and get it (volenteered repo) waited 2 months and after tons of threatning phone calls i brought i back myself. And now still to this day Im still getting phone calls at home7am at work(where im not aloud to get personal calls. Asking me to pay 7thousand $'s for something I dont even have!!!!! Its a nightmare. Thats why I am happy to say I own my own jeep and can do what ever I want to it. Sorry to blab but I thought I was the only one with a problem with them. It doesnt surprise me if theyre acting like that and not paying for what they warrentie. Good Luck I hope everything works out. :cool: [addsig]

I'd try and get a hold of someone higher in the chain of command. You seem to have a legitimate issue. Remember the old saying squeaky wheel gets the grease. There's a good chance if your consistent you'll get what you deserve.[addsig]

Show them the ad of the Rubicon up to the hood in muck, then ask them what kind of idiots they take the vehicle consumer to be :-O Call DC customer service. It just burns me up the way they advertise Jeeps and then refuse to work on them when owners/customers use them similar to what they see in ads/commercials :-x

Good luck :-D [addsig]

We seem to be forgetting a couple things here guys. If the trans had "mud" in it as he stated, it sounds like there could be a contamination issue. mainly water. Ok so its in "mint" condition. But we do not know if its been through any high water or even submerged. Water has to get in there somehow. If this is the case then it all falls back on neglect of the owner. Chrysler ( I refuse to call it Daimler) wouldn't honor a warranty on your engine if you never change the oil, so why should they on a contamination issue unless you can prove it was something they did that caused the contamination. if I were the man in charge I'd be very suspicious about this and possibly deny a warranty claim as well.[addsig]

I´ve been dealing with Jeep, Chrysler and even Diamler for a lot of years. A few tips, keep at it, when they finally figure out you arn´t going to stop, they will usually settle. The first trick is to outlast them, the second is to have a paper trail (if it isn´t written down it never happened). With every correspondance to Jeep, I´ve always included a copy of all prior correspondance, just the size and wieght of the paper will impress them.
I always list my previous Chrysler Jeep vehicles and often the Vehicles of close family and friends and mention the possibility of loosing a lifetime customer and generating a bad repuitation (they never answer these statements, but it seems to help speed things up).
When Jeep sells a vehicle, they don´t just figure the price of the vehicle, they have expectations of making money off of the service and parts for the life of the vehicle. They also ahve a budget for customer satisfaction issues, questionable warranty claims ect. To them, it´s just number crunching and often policy. A certain number of customers will accept no, the first time, some won´t and will fight until the end.
My last beef with Jeep, I sent them a list of VIN´s from all of the Chryslers and Jeeps I´ve ever owned. Told them I was really dissatisfied with the service I have been receiving and informed them my patience and customer loyalty, was just about at an end. A couple of months later I got a call from the Jeeps dealer, in the next major city nearby, to make a long story short, they have been delivering parts to my house by courier and giving me a generious discount on original Chrysler parts.
Seriously, it isn´t that hard to design a transmission, that keeps the water out.
One thing that will bite you in the rear, is not keeping your service book current. I have my own stamp, from an authorized Jeep service center.[addsig]

A couple of years back, someone did a little hit and run one the front of my YJ (nothing major just re-bent my bent bumper) the bumper had been bent and unbent so many times (victim of north east trees) that I thought it was time for a new one, went to dealership #1 which said that I could only get the bumper from aftermarket source, dadada, and it was impossible to get a factory bumper for a 94, This is the same dealership that when I went to buy a factory fog light switch, gave me one for a 1998 cherokee.

Went to dealership #2 that same day to see if this dude was messed up, yup, not only did the have the bumper, they installed it for me, right away (this was in the middle of the winter) and free of charge. The bumper only cost me $45 for a factory unit!!

moral of the story
stay away from lawless jeep in woburn mass

Go to kelly jeep in peabody mass

Johnny[addsig]

UPdate: my original dealer replaced the transmission, but because I had brought it to a closer dealer firs-they had logged it in with Chrylser-so I was up the creek and had to fork out $3200.
Yes, I did have all service records, up to date, etc.
Lambert's Jeep (NH) are the ones that screwed me-original dealer would have just gone and replaced it. But because I didn't buy it from Lamberts and live right in same town, they weren't going to help.
All I can get for info is 'there is a transmission vent up the back of the engine-it must have sucked in mud and water'.
Wrangler has never been 'underwater', extreme offroading, or anything-not even a single scratch on it.
All we can think of is a faulty production flaw-something (a vent on an automatic transmission? come on-it should be sealed!) that allows the transmission to suck up anything that goes up the back of the engine, firewall, etc.
My son had been following a trail through the woods, and yes, he did go through puddles and stuff-but NOT anything 3 foot deep-the mechanic says that is how high the vent hole is off the ground.
With all the ads Jeep has showing the wranglers going everywhere-how can they deny it?
so anyone else that has had a bad transmission, let me know-I DO have a good lawyer going after them.
Chrysler regional rep-outright refuses to call me, return calls, or to put in writing why he wouldn't authorize the warranty work. Isn't that a signal that he's hiding something he won't admit? Like a design flaw that could result in a major recall?
I suggest you all with auto trannies check it out-or you could ruin yours too! :evil: [addsig]

Call a news station or the newspaper or even a consumer beware person..... :-D [addsig]

Back