Bye Bye YJ .... Hello TJ

KletusJeeps

Well fellas I just traded in "The Race Jeep" 95 YJ for a 2002 Sport TJ. Pretty excited about this move and have the huge urge to mod like crazy right now. We all know how it is you trade ole bessie in after you have done all possible mods and upgrades and get bored with it. So any suggestions on mods for this TJ? I know almost all the tricks in a YJ but very little mods for a TJ.... Let me hear 'em cause my ears are itching.

KLETUS

wow man....i guess after all of that fighting that you two did there was no way to reconsile that relationship :cry:

first mod......yj body :wink: ......that would be sweet

Traden down are you pal! just kidding I guess with enough money you can bring the TJ up to the YJ standards! heheheheehe Now once again get ready for a fun ride through the mod world where the fun never ends and the wallet never thickens. tug

Re: AHHHH ricer Funnies!!! (many fun pics)

Get mirror relocators so you can run doorless!And pull the automatic light fuse that turns lights on when you open a door.Dont get tires just YET!Wait till you think about how high you want to go.I made that mistake when I got 31's.

Fuse 4 is the Door switches, Fuse 20 is the Clutch bypass (so you can crank without pressing the clutch)

Remove the rear sway

Discos on the front

Now you have Coils all around, you will never want those Leaves again , , , unless you get Death wobble :-D

KletusJeeps said:
So any suggestions on mods for this TJ?
KLETUS

Leaf spring conversion? Just kidding folks!

go get it muddy on a trail! It will tell you what it needs :wink:

Nothing like getting a new Jeep!

Congrats

Not true Sully I have had my rear sway bar off just over a year now after I forgot to re-connect it last easter safari trip. I re-moved it completely and only have a rear track bar.. soon to loose it when I tri-angulate the rear suspention.
As long as you have a sway in the front the body roll is minimal.

These are NOT your daddy's CJ/YJ's folks ;) These are TJ's we have a Trac-bar AND sway bar Front and rear. Sway bar restricts the Articulation The Trac-bar Centers the Axle. It is most safe. I still do 70+ and have been fine even in sharp turns (not doing 70+ on the turns) but removing the rear sway cause BARELY any noticable extra roll.

Sully said:
Dont get tires just YET!Wait till you think about how high you want to go.I made that mistake when I got 31's.

I know what you mean! I now have about 8 inches of lift with 31/10.50's :oops:

Well I did fight with it for a long time and once the conversion was complete and it was running very good I was bored again and ready for a new Jeep all together. I have changed everything possible on a YJ, between this YJ and the previous YJ's, so now it is on to new territory. I am very uneducated, dont even know what gears my TJ has :shock: or how everything works just yet. So far I can say I am impressed with the TJ except the fact the height of the seat is more like a car and less like a "Jeep" now I have only had it less than 24 hours so I cant say much but I can tell a few differences here and there...some for the better (soft top clamp design) and some for the worse (interior to "Car" like and not Jeep like) but only time will tell...plus I haven't even got it dirty....had it over 5 hours what am I thinking???

Back