Built Ford tough! (warning large pic inside)

mingez

Jeep TJ PROBLEM!

One question... why?

image-missing.png

Why Not?

It is in-fact a ford, so it should by nature look like crap.
really, I forget the name of it but ford made a jeep like vehicle way back in the late 30's early 40's trying to compete with willys overland for millitary contracts. Guess who won!

Is my history right, I am so bad with history.

It's Cold, your bored, what can ya do

Ford produced jeeps during WW2. They were real jeeps not a for look a like. Willies or bantam (I forget which one) couldn't handle the demand of jeeps for the war so Ford was enlisted to help in production.

Actually Ford was the main supplier for the Military. they were the only ones that could keep up with the demand. ord made the GP (Government "80" wheelbase) Recon auto. so in the first years the Jeep as we know it today was mostly FORD.

L33TJ33P said:
Actually Ford was the main supplier for the Military. they were the only ones that could keep up with the demand. ord made the GP (Government "80" wheelbase) Recon auto. so in the first years the Jeep as we know it today was mostly FORD.

So it is proven to put a Chevy 350 in a Jeep is just plain wrong! hehehehe tug

That is the most dangerous looking hunk of $h!t I have ever seen. It should be illegal to have lift blocks that long on the supension. I bet you could turn it over climbing in.

Welders

[/quote]

So it is proven to put a Chevy 350 in a Jeep is just plain wrong! hehehehe tug[/quote]

Nope, NOT AT ALL! It beats having a 4 cyl Jeep engine like mine. Not for long, hehehe :twisted:

Alls I know is that thing is soooo Booty Fabbed it's scary. Those lifts... yikes.

Horrible.

Hmm... not sure what to think about that...

Or in the words of the Simpson's Comic book guy,
"There is No Emoticon for what I am feeling..."

-Nick :!:

well... it DOES seem to have control arms.. so the blocks that big are really not posing much of a threat to the axle movement aspect, other than side to side, which can be fixed with the right control arms... but... there really is no travel in the suspension... the whole axle would have to move to one side, which then defeats the previous statement.. so its still not a good idea... show only

if you look closely, there are no shocks! also if the suspension was to flex in anyway which is probably would with factory springs and 15inch lift blocks, the ford symbol attached to the front end would be crushed.

GOT TO ASK THIS QUESTION

I just fon't think you can get a ubolt tight enough to take the lean out of it with block that high. Just too much leverage with the body way up there. Not to mention it just looks stupid.
I'd like to climb that tire with my Jeep and continue straight on over the hood.

Bantam,Willys, and Ford all submitted test vehicles. Bantam was the original intented supplier, but they could have never met production. Actually the Willys and Ford designs were based on the Bantam prototypes, but being better auto manufacturers they made critical improvements. Willys initially won the contract, and couldn't meet production. So, Ford was given the greenlight to produce their version of the Willys design to help meet the demand for production. Ford, being the bastards they are, tried to put Ford emblems all over the Willys design until the military made them stop. That's why flatfenders with the Ford script on the body are so rare. Ford was simply a contracted manufacturer of someone else's auto design. At least that's the most common version of the "official history" stories that I have seen.

Someone should rescue that Jeep body and the rims/tires.....then haul the rest of it to the scrap yard before that guy tries to drive it and kills himself.

Back