Boy caged for 3 years, police say -- Did you guys hear about this?

mingez

People are crazy! What's wrong with this woman? http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_3881519

The 13-year-old was unable to stretch out in the pet kennel, and investigators found vomit inside the cramped space.

Adams County - He was 10 years old the first time his grandmother dragged him from the family living room to his bedroom, where he was caged inside a plastic dog kennel without food and water for hours while she was away at work, according to a police document.

This went on four nights a week for the past three years, and the boy spent hours in the fetal position, said an arrest affidavit released Tuesday. He was only able to move from one side to the other as he began outgrowing the 46-inch-by-30-inch-by-35-inch kennel, the document said. The boy, now 13, is 5 feet, 4 inches tall and weighs 110 pounds.

Two weeks ago, the document said, the heat inside the kennel became so bad that the boy vomited before Commerce City police followed a tip from one of his classmates and came to June Candelario's home in the 6700 block of Ash Street.

"The vomit was still in the kennel when it was taken as evidence," officer Christian Wasielewski wrote in the arrest affidavit of Candelario, 61, who faces charges of false imprisonment, second-degree kidnapping, child abuse and reckless endangerment.

According to the document, Candelario told social services workers that she kept the boy locked in the kennel because it was "better than letting her grandson walk the streets." The boy did not have any place to urinate or defecate if needed, nor did he have a way to escape or communicate for any type of emergency, the affidavit states.

On Tuesday, Candelario was advised in the Adams County Jail by Magistrate Emily Anderson that she is barred from having any contact with the boy.

Anderson declined a request by Candelario's attorney to lower Candelario's $100,000 bail. The bond had been increased from the customary $10,000, Assistant District Attorney Michael Goodbee said, because of the egregiousness of the offense.

Candelario faces a maximum sentence of 16 years in prison if convicted. She is scheduled for arraignment on Friday.

Authorities are trying to determine what mental damage has been done to the boy, who is not being identified because he is an alleged victim of child abuse. The arrest affidavit lists that the boy had some bruises, but no details on how he got them are provided.

The affidavit also lists his grandmother's hands and feet as weapons used to get the boy to comply.

At first the boy refused to go into the kennel and that's when police say that he was dragged and pushed into it. Eventually, after two weeks or so, the boy began complying with his grandmother's demands, the affidavit states.

Meanwhile, the boy's half sister, Brandy Pfaffenhauser, 19, said she would be glad to care for him. The trucker said she would consider enrolling the boy in a school in Meeker, where she lives.

"Me and him were best buddies. We were separated when my mother died when he was 8 and I was 14. He was happy go lucky. He was always so playful," Pfaffenhauser said Tuesday.

But during the four times she's seen him or spoken with him on the phone since, the boy seemed different, she said.

"He was quiet. He really looked unhappy," Pfaffenhauser said. "He didn't seem himself."

Candelario remained on suspension from her job counseling inmates with emotional problems at the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

Well, that works for you, but I want to see her lynched! :evil:

I can tie a mean "Hangman's Knot" (noose)!................and I have some vacation time..........:twisted:

Lets get a posse out!

i can see it now

"a online group, 'Jeepz.com' had formed a group to find and lynch the 61 year old woman. The gang was spotted with 18 off roaded moded jeeps aranging in colors and size. Be aware of this friendly group, they seem to wave to other jeeps in the area"

"IT WAS CRAZY I COUNTED 18 AND ALL OF THEM WAVED, IT FREAKED ME OUT BAD!!!" says local jeep driver.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets get a posse out!

i can see it now

"a online group, 'Jeepz.com' had formed a group to find and lynch the 61 year old woman. The gang was spotted with 18 off roaded moded jeeps aranging in colors and size. Be aware of this friendly group, they seem to wave to other jeeps in the area"

"IT WAS CRAZY I COUNTED 18 AND ALL OF THEM WAVED, IT FREAKED ME OUT BAD!!!" says local jeep driver.

Don't forget mud waving his 13 loop hangman's noose!!!!!...........................'tho 18 Jeeps in 4Lo across the face would probably suffice!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets get a posse out!

i can see it now

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG Laxpug.
Thats frickin funny.
It's a good thing i know not to drink and read funny stories or it would be all over my screen right now....LOL
Holy crap thats funny.:lol:

In China, in cases of exteme abuses of the law, (or not so extreme), they take the perpatrator out and shoot them in the head, Then they charge the surviving family for the bullet.

When I watch the news or read things like this I think that they have it all together. Ugh!!!!

Back