Basic upkeep tips

88Wrangles

So I have this presentation in a class tomorrow and I am supposed to talk about basic upkeep tips for automotives :roll: . I am kind of drawing a blank right now, so what all can you guys think of :?:

So far I have: Change Oil
Coolant/antifreeze
Differential Fluid
Transmission Fluid
Transfer Case Fluid
Air/Fuel Filter
Tires-pressure/wear

washing and waxing, lubricate hinge pins, door, trunk and hood latches, and cleaning the interior.

spark plugs, plug wires, battery (and adding D.I. water), sensor replacements, 4" suspension lifts, v8 swaps, BFG's oh sorry, i got side-tracked

Pull the poser offroad vehicles parts outta your grill every now and then.

Couldn't resist.

all fluids and filters.. that's been established...
oxygen sensor
ignition system: plugs, wires, cap/rotor, maybe coil
headlights are often overlooked... its not a bad idea to change them before they leave you with no vision
rotate tires
check alignment
check all suspension bushings/steering joints

Go thru what inspectors look at. Only ones not said that I could think of are signals, and brakelights. Check 'em make sure they work. Sucks to get hit from behind because you didn't know those weren't working.
:idea:

Change the headlight fluid and make sure the 710 is tight.

TwistedCopper said:
Change the headlight fluid and make sure the 710 is tight.
Accually it is blinker fluid TC, and that reminds me, mine is low!! (for real though, I will try to take a pic)

You guys forgot the most important, a liberal dose of MUD!!

Great theft deterant, what thug wants to pick up his shortie in a dirty whip!

for anyone who cares

Well, thanks for the help! I got full credit on it, so I think you guys covered just about everything. Last night, I was working on 2 big papers as well as this, so I was having trouble concentrated on something simple like this.

Back