as i triumph over my jeep with my arms raised... :)

dingus

during my battle with the valve cover (while replacing the gasket to fix the oil leak), i managed to break the MAP sensor vacuum hose... which connects from the throttle body to the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor (manifold absolote pressure) tells the computer what is going on air-pressure wise in the intake and adjusts the fuel, spark, and ignition timing accordingly. With this hose broken, logically, my jeep ran like crap. the fix? new hose. half-fix attempt failed because there are 2 holes on the side of the TB and one of them is a 'dummy' hole... just there to keep the vacuum line from rotating all over the place.... and my rig-attempt failed to recognize that fact. anyway, after a chat with the guys at the parts counter, its all better now. no more smoke, no more roughness... no more oil leaks (for now!)...

-nate[addsig]

Don't you just love how everything seems to be connected to everything else these days??? Break one little thing and it ruins everything else- gotta love technology-[addsig]

There is a certain respect among people who work on their own vehicles. Fighting the little battles. The big victories over the rusted bolts. And my girlfriend wonders why all I talk about with my friends is cars. crazy.[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>There is a certain respect among people who work on their own vehicles. Fighting the little battles. The big victories over the rusted bolts. And my girlfriend wonders why all I talk about with my friends is cars. crazy.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

couldn't agree more. i have a running total of all the expenses i've had on my jeep so far (not counting gas or insurance) and the grand total is $4500. this includes the original purchase price ($2500) and my lift ($750). i justify this by saying that if i had a shop do all the work it would've been $5500 or more... [addsig]

I dont even want to think about how much money I would have had to dump into a shop if I would have brought them all my work[addsig]

That's funny I made the same mistake. I had to replace my MAP sensor's Vac line and also managed to make my Jeep run like crap
image-missing.png
. Then I discovered that port was a just a fake
image-missing.png
. Plugged into the correct port and my Jeep ran good again
image-missing.png

-Nick [addsig]

Wow how did you get the music to play on my computer?

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> as i triumph over my jeep with my arms raised...
image-missing.png
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE> As I read this post I hear the music from Rocky playing in the back ground.

Up untill now the cars all went the local shop for everthing. Now I don't want anyone touching my Jeep! I found myself buying tools a couple of times here lately. This is getting bad! Tug[addsig]

I look at buying tools as 'make-up' for guys. Honestly- you ever look at your girlfriends/wifes collection of make-up colors?!?!?!?! How many shades of red can there be?!?!?!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

When she asks "Why do you need all those tools anyway?" just reply back with "Why do you need 47 shades of red lipstick and nail polish?" the reply will probably sound something along the lines of "You wouldn't understand" or "Because I need them to make me look good". Then just reply to her "Exactly my reason for the tools" and walk away and look back and see the puzzled look on her face as she tries to comprehend a guys world and our tools.

-Tools are our best friends sometimes and having the right one can change a 'struggle with it for 4 hours job' into a get it done in five minutes job....

DISCLAIMER- I know that some of the members of this board are female and in no way intended any disrespect on your intelligence with this post. This was only meant for the female who has no clue about a Jeep or a guy and his tools.

image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
JEEP WOMEN ARE A RARE AND TREASURED...
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> JEEP WOMEN ARE A RARE AND TREASURED... </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

Yup You all are special My wife is a Jeep person, and I Love her! Tug[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> JEEP WOMEN ARE A RARE AND TREASURED... </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

why didnt i say that?[addsig]

Back