Arrrrgh!

TwistedCU

For the 4th time in the last year or two I've come home to a wet basement. This time because of a leaking water heater (which, incidentally, I was improperly calling a "hot water heater" until an adament co-worker pointed out that the water isn't hot until it is heated :roll: )

A hurricaine, a clogged laundry sink, a bad sump pump, and now a defunct water heater.

Man I am sick of shop-vacs, dehumidifiers, throwing stuff out, and cleaning up the mess.

Now I have to make an emergency trip to Ocean City to help an Uncle move furniture from a house he sold (settlement is Friday). Not sure how or why this didn't get done earlier but what the heck, he's family so I'm going to bail him out.

Just venting/whining :lol:

Re: RE: I pulled the trigger on antsinmypants

no it isn;t hot yet...but...the tank is hot...therefore...hot water heater could verywell be correct...

Yeah, I know what you mean. It seams like it's never ending. Sometimes I'm glad I sold my house!

I feel your pain TC. In one of the labs I work in we have a special room that is dug in (essentially a sub-basement room) and unfortunately the building's water distribution trunk is located right across the hall (hot water and all). It seems like every couple of months a pipe breaks or leaks and we get hundreds of gallons of water filling this room (which has close to a million dollars worth of equipment). And of course it has to happen on the weekend when not many people are around to notice. I've got 2 super-duper 50 gallon (yes 50 gallon!) shop vacs on hand to suck water out of the room when it happens. I've made dams and used tubes of silicone to help stop it to no avail. Of course now that I've even mentioned it, I won't be surprised that it happens again soon. Hope you have better luck with it in the future. If I was closer I'd offer up the shop-vacs (they really kick but).

Harry can I just tell you it's always something?? I feel your pain man. I had two real bad mondays the last two weeks automobile and law wise so I can sympathize. Life bites sometimes when your grown! lol

Lady

TwistedCopper said:
Now I have to make an emergency trip to Ocean City to help an Uncle move furniture from a house he sold (settlement is Friday). Not sure how or why this didn't get done earlier but what the heck, he's family so I'm going to bail him out.

Just venting/whining :lol:

You could also swing by Connecticut. I need 2 people to help me lift the tub off of the 2A. I need to clear the steering column in front. I can't seem to coordinate 2 people at the same time. Free beer for 15 minutes of work. :D

4 lo hard to get into

Sensitive - a small amount of moisture will usually trigger the unit
Usually detects dampness before water damage can usually occur
When the battery is low it should "chirp"

I have never seen an advertisement before that says the product usually works!

Talk about leaky water... A friend of mine had a broken washer, she had a rental place remove it when she rented one. I went out of town to pick up a new one two nights ago. I went to hook it up to find out that the rental people were savages when removing the hose. They cracked the bond (pvc) in the coupling a few inches below the valve (which I didn't know til later) and broke the valve so it leaked. I replaced the valve with a new one and had her turn the supply in the basement back on. As I was inspecting the valve for leaks. The coupling blew apart, the valve shot up at my head at a quantum speed. Water was spraying everywhere and knocked off my glasses. I yelled for her to shut it off. She took her time doing so as I had my finger jammed inside the pipe to keep the water plugged. I spent the next hour soaking up water from the area and pumping out four letter words

Thanks for the link Gadget, but I'm not putting another penny into this house that isn't completely necessary. Yes, we are moving soon I hope.

Well the water heater is in, the Uncle is moved out of OC, the basement is dry, and most importantly...

The house will be going on the market in a week :!:
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

Back