April fools weather

mud4feet

RE: Recovery Points

It's snowing at the moment here in the mountains. It was 70 degrees on Thursday and is supposed to be :shock: 70 degress on Monday. Presently it is snowing cats and dogs (or should I say snowmen and snowballs?) and is windy as all get out. They tell me there's 2 inches on Soco Mountain and they're expecting 4" before all is said and done. The poor old plants don't know what to think. Things are blooming like crazy in the lower elevations and now this............

image-missing.png

The picture doesn't do it justice.....my poor attempt at sharing with y'all.

I'm ready for spring.

RE: Re: RE: Oil leak Diff. near wheel

our weather plays april fools on us too.... :( we were schedualed for POURING RAIN.. but early in the morning there was TONZ of blue sky and warm weather and then BAM just started pissin down and hailing like a mofo...

stupid weather

RE: Politics, religion, and her

It's HOT today. After a real bad cold front with tons of wind. I'm driving with the top off!!!!! Yay for Mingez!

Yeah, but look at that beautiful mountain side in your pick! I'd rather be there!

April showers making their mark here. 2 inches the other day and expecting over 3 inches of rainfall over this weekend. I'm getting ready top break out the canoe and make a coffee run!

87 yj questions

Yeah, and between the time I posted earlier, and now, I went and did some mild wheeling because I needed to charge my battery due to it draining from my cell.

I realized two things: 1- Wow, I can go wheeling 5 minutes from my house!
and 2, that's only the 3rd time I've really wheeled my TJ with the top off. How fun it is, even if for only a half an hour.

Re: RE: Back to work!

Had the doors off yet? It's the ONLY way to go!!

Re: Mingez...strange search results on your name...

TwistedCopper said:
April showers making their mark here. 2 inches the other day and expecting over 3 inches of rainfall over this weekend. I'm getting ready top break out the canoe and make a coffee run!

I was fixin' to work on a pontoon mod for the YJ... :lol:

mike

Dang, Mud! That looks like fun, really. I'm with Mingez, I'd gladly give up the Kansas flats for that kind of scenery, snow or not. Back in 2000, we had an F5 tornado come through about 7 miles north of me, the next day while I was helping with cleanup and S&R, it was snowing. Ended up with 3 inches on the ground by the end of the day. When I was in High School, we had 6" of snow the first week of May. 3 days later it was 95* and humid as all get out! In July of '86 or '87, my brother and I were hiking at a state park north of here in 105* temps. A cold front and T-storm moved in, and in 45 minutes the temp had dropped to 45*. We were 5 miles from the truck in shorts and t-shirts and liked to froze to death before we made it back!

Laramie M/T's??

Well I pretty much have the same weather as Twisted, most days. We had several inches of rain this weekend. Spring has sprung but were all dying for really warm days and dry weather. So far, were reaching 50's and having rain and some sun. Top down and door off days are the best Mingez!

RE: Re: RE: Paragon April 16th and 17th

This is a shot out our front window. That mountain was covered with snow when we left for church this morning. Now it's sunny and beautiful (still a bit chilly) and the snow is disappearing - go figure! :shock:

image-missing.png

RE: Good News on Lady!

The weather here is going back and forth. It's supposed to rain again this week, but it's been nice all weekend. Should make for some great early summer wheeling with a little snow leftover at the higher elevations. Right now I have the soft top on, but no windows in it. I'm almost going topless.

RE: Re: Time for the Tourney!

Well, last week and the first part of this week were in the 40's and 50's with rain and drizzle almost everyday. Pretty miserable when you're out starting up and fixing irrigation systems. Yesterday was 73* and today is supposed to be even warmer, with the rest of the week in the upper 60's and lower 70's and sunny, except for one or two days they're predicting thunderstorms.....and this is the start of tornado season, so it could get interesting. We had our first two tornadoes a couple of weeks ago already.

if i drive home from the gym in my sports bra does that count as driving topless???
unfortunatly we're getting nothing but down pour :( so Zanes (jeeps) top must stay on

If you want some crazy weather come to CNY. We have 40 degree swings in temperature overnight. One day its high of 65 the next day we are 25 degrees and snowing. But I am heading to South FL at the end of the month and then we are talking about fun in the TJ.

We hit 80 today in Tornado Alley. After playing in the sprinklers all day, I dropped the top for the first time this season and cruised home under the big blue. Tomorrow may bring rain, t-storms, and possibly tornadoes!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Back