Anyone here use weatherbug on thier pc?

LadyJeepFreak

:lol: Hey Ya'll

Does anyone use weatherbug on thier pc? It's a desktop weather station program. I love it.

Well, a week or so ago they had a banner that you could submit summer pictures, mostly extreme sports pics.

I don't have any extreme sports pics and so I thought of offroading and thought it would be cool to send some pics.

Couldn't find much extremem in my albums but I did send one of paragon and I checked back earlier this week and they weren't showing it. The closest thing to offroading they had in thier catagories was dirtbikes or motorcross.

Well, today they have a new catagory for OFFROADING and there are six pictures in it! I'm number six! lol The other five look way more cool than mine, but hey.

That kind of made my day, a seemingly small thing bu it did. lol

If you run weatherbug on your pc, send your picture in! We'll bombard them with Jeepz!

Lady

the Banners and "Gator" are the reason I don't use Weather bug

I used to use weather bug but I had nothing but problems with it. The pop ups were crazy.
Thats so cool you got your pic on there :D

Never had trouble myself L33. I run firewall and spy/virus software though. I do catch gator on the spyware often.

It is cool though. lol :roll:

get rid of weather bug (if you can actually get it to uninstall) it is spyware, they track every web page you visit and send lots of spam.. It will cause you nothing but headaches... try getting yourself off their email list sometime, you can't.

:roll: lol funny how I just said I never get popups or have trouble with weatherbug.

I was just asking if ya'll used it and had seen the pics, I didn't want a lesson on how or if I should be using weatherbug

but thanks anyway. Never mind.

Lady

Re: 94 XJ for $1,000!?!? sweeet.

Hi,

To weather bug's defense, it used to actually be a nice, useful piece of software. However it has become another one of those crappy pieces of software which focuses more on giving you trojans and spybots than it does on reporting the weather. I'm just glad I don't have to mess with spybots anymore (thanks to Linux). :wink:

I'm not trying to tell you not to use weatherbug, I'm just pointing out a fact about it.... If I was telling you which software to not use, there are many others higher up on my $hit list I'd tell you about. :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

I had it for a while, and after killing the Gator and another spyware piggyback program that came with it it worked great. I uninstalled it only because I have a small hard drive and need to conserve space. Working outside everyday, I loved having weather on the desktop, but until I get off my wallet and buy a new PC, I'll have to do without it.

Lady - that's pretty cool that they posted your pic!

I bet there's a version of it available or a fix that can be downloaded to clean up that program.

LadyJeepFreak said:
:lol: Hey Ya'll

Does anyone use weatherbug on thier pc? It's a desktop weather station program. I love it.

Well, a week or so ago they had a banner that you could submit summer pictures, mostly extreme sports pics.

I don't have any extreme sports pics and so I thought of offroading and thought it would be cool to send some pics.

Couldn't find much extremem in my albums but I did send one of paragon and I checked back earlier this week and they weren't showing it. The closest thing to offroading they had in thier catagories was dirtbikes or motorcross.

Well, today they have a new catagory for OFFROADING and there are six pictures in it! I'm number six! lol The other five look way more cool than mine, but hey.

That kind of made my day, a seemingly small thing bu it did. lol

If you run weatherbug on your pc, send your picture in! We'll bombard them with Jeepz!

Lady

Lady. you couldn't pay me enough to put that piece of sh*t program.......

:D just kiddin!!!!!

It's cool how somthing so small, can really lift your day. Good stuff!:lol:

Back