Any advice for buying a replacement soft top

Meluvjeepz

I'm trying to buy a replacement soft top for my boyfriends 95 Wrangler. Cost is definitely an issue so I'm trying to find a good bargain. But I don't want to get something that will end up being a pain to take off & on because it was cheap. I've considered keeping the hardware & just buying the fabric top. Just thought I'd get any advice if this is a wise idea or not the way to go. What do you think?? buy with hardware or without? And do you know of any good places to buy one at? I've only been looking online. Thanks for any feedback you can give!!!!!!! :wink:

Ebay Ebay Ebay Ebay
Or craigslist if its in your area - ihaving experience buying and selling a soft top, i've found ts definately the best way to go!

The 95 soft top was manufactured for Jeep by the BESTOP corp.
goto :
http://www.bestop.com/

There you will find a selection of tops. You want to buy a factory replacemant to be able to use the frame which came with it.

The traditional Replace-a-top (RAT) is the most economical way to replace your aging soft top. RATs give you a color-matched "new top" look. They feature easy installation, weather-stripped doors and, on most models, zip-out replaceable windows and a patented rear attachment system that makes opening your tailgate a snap. RATs consist of fabric only and fit only factory-original hardware.

They also offer sweet options such as tinted windows, mesh window kits & door window sliders. Go take a look.

Bestop may not be the cheapest around,
HOWEVER,
Thier top will last the longest giving you the most bang for your buck.

OR,
Bestop's new Sailcloth Replace-a-top is 50% quieter than a factory denim top. The secret lies in the unique multi-ply Sailcloth fabric. Each ply plays a different role, but together they reflect road sounds, absorb wind noise, and prevent buffeting to create a silencing effect. In addition, the beefier Sailcloth fabric resists temperature-induced shrinkage, making cold-weather installations much easier. It also shows fewer waves and wrinkles than conventional tops and cleans more easily. (Only available for Wrangler 88-01)

~hope this helps~

For the best combination of quality and price I would also say get a Bestop "replace-a-top". Re-use the factory frame. You can find them on ebay, yes, but if you buy from an authorized dealer like quadratech or 4WD hardware you will have a customer service department to deal with if you have problems of any kind.

Back