Annual "Noreaster"

TwistedCU

Re: RE: Well it was the clutch

Well waiting for the Noreaster that seems to happen once a year here. They're saying 9-15" of snow by tomorrow morning. That's a good bit of snow, but not as bad as many of you up north will deal with.

Well here she comes:
5L-3.jpg

All of S.E. Lower Michigan is under a snow advisory for tonight and this evening, you can see fhe front stalled over Lake Michigan and part of the state in the picture... Yeah, that's gonna come down on me all nice like...

WHOOOO!!! MORE SNOW!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

we are gonna get 10-15" tonight, still not as bad as the 40" I had last month!

But I could care less, week 1/2 and I will be on a cruise in teh middle of the carribian!(sp)

Piece of cake, Harry!

Central, upstate NY is looking at 3 to 5-inches beginning this afternoon, another 3 to 5-inches Tuesday, as yet unspecified amounts of snow on Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat and Sun.

(This why baseball season doesn’t begin until June around here.) :lol:

Nothing to it!

I don’t understand, though, why the Weather Channel peeps are referring to the impending storm as a nor’easter. Seems as though “sou’wester” would be the more accurate description.

Bunch-a land-lubberly talking heads. :wink:

Regards,

Snow-Blind, Gadget

Harry isn't it funny how different Maryland weather can be from one part of the state to the other. I'm so sick of winter weather I could just scream.

We are getting (or called for ) two inches of rain today turning to sleet and snow tonight. So far, were into rain and a mix of sleet but none of it is heavy as they are calling for. I didn't hear snow accumulations of more than a couple of inches for our area but up northern counties I did hear they were going to get walloped.

Easton, an hour north of here got seven inches of snow last Monday and we got one inch here.

Wierd!! Stay safe!
Heather

Well, that's nothing!!! It's 45* here with snow flurries in bright sunlight!!!!! Leaving in a couple of hours to go watch the Global Flyer take off...yeah, it's still on!!

Good point Gadget! I looked at that radar "in motion"... definately a SouEaster... SouWester.. whatever... lol
...and you're right, piece of cake for many of us. The problem is the way many people's IQ seems to be cut in half when a snowflake is present :shock:

I just got back from picking up my 'rents at BWI airport, there's only about an inch so far but falling hard and fast. Kids are happy, I'm off work... makes for a good day :D

Well 5:30 here, only around 4". Only expecting another 3" at the most, but ya never know.

Well New England... it's all yours :lol:

Wet snow here in MI, has been falling since about 3:00, but only just starting to stick due to above-freezing temperatures. Roads are turning major icy though...

The worst part, I think, is that all the wet snow is taking off my beautiful mud that I spent all weekend getting on the Jeep. :( :cry:

Okay--so stuff like this drives me crazy (crazier?).

I had to look it up. Apparently, a nor'easter is named for the wind direction during the storm (wind being named for the direction from which it blows) as opposed to the compass direction of storm travel.

Seems counter-intuitive, doesn't it? The storm travels against the force of the wind.

Who knew?

"Nor'easter" is a variant of "northeaster," which refers to a storm that often deepens off the mid-Atlantic coast and then moves up the coast toward New England, causing gale-force winds from the northeast, coastal flooding from abnormally high tides, and heavy rain or snow."

Learns something new everyday, but forgets it the following day, Gadget

RE: CB ????

Yep, knew that Gadget. That's cuz I'm in the Nor East. lol We FEAR Nor Easters here, depending on the time of the year. This one is blowing by my area pretty harmless, just wet and windy. I know we'll all be happy come rag top days this spring.

Lady

mingez said:
Argh!! It's too warm down here. I'm gonna have to wear some shorts tommorrow!

GADGET! I hope you still have the old PC set up to watch your furnace? Sounds like Mingez is going on the rampage again! :shock:

Back