Annoying Rattle

jetchey321

I have a '94 2.5. I'm new to the Jeep world, first one! Love the thing, but have noticed this annoying little rattle at idle. All I can tell it's coming from the exhaust. Anyone else have this? I know Jeeps aren't quiet, but it's annoying th pi** out of me! Thanks! Oh yeah, 1st post!!! :mrgreen:

check all of the clamps to see if they are loss. Then check your cat converter or muffler. Some time something inside breaks loose and rattles.

I would suggest you wait until the exhaust system cools off :shades: and then crawl under and try and shake the pipe in a few different locations. You should be able to narrow it down that way.

You can use a pry bar to pry on different sections of the exhaust while the engine is idling. This may help narrow it down if you can find how to stop the rattle.

I would bet exhaust as well... Mine starts, I fix it, and after about a year it comes back again and I have to fix it again. I guess this is pretty much the Jeep way; get a problem (sometimes refered to as "upgrades! LOL), fix it, break it, fix it again!

It looks like we ALL suffer from the saying "It's a Jeep Thing" As goes the Death Wobble, sucky gas milage and even the noises and rattles. I Truly Love it Though! LOL!

I've got a shot factory muffler that is rusted out. I also have a rattle, but it's when I go to pull out. I posted a question about it a while back and will probably just get an elcheapo replacement for the time being. Just havn't gotten around to it yet.

Back