Allen Bolt Wallered Out

mingez

Re: RE: Re: I am a Murderer

I have an allen bolt which is "wallered" out and no longer grabs. I dremled some slats on the side in hopes of banging it to turn, but to no avail. At this rate, I'm gonna destroy the thing and it'll never come off. Is there some fancy trick that I'm not thinking of?

BTW it's a flush with the surface of the hub cap, and I have to get it off. I'm swapping the tires and wheels from my XJ to my TJ and visa versa.

--Angry Mingez :evil:

Without having to buy an extractor...cause I don't feel like going to Home Depot.

And I already tried the "bang an allen wrench or screw driver into the bolt" method.

Well since you tried the banging method I dont have anything for you man. How tight is the screw? Could you JB weld something to it?

RE: Re: RE: Jeepz.com Poll

I could if I had some JB weld. That's an idea, but if I'm gonna do that, I may as well get an extractor.

Oh well.

RE: Happy T-Day

Well I was just crossing my fingers that you had some jb weld on hand. Why are u swapping wheels and tires anyway?

I'm gonna do the "Dona Ana's eye of the needle". And the local club, the Las Cruces Four Wheel Drive Assoc, requires at least 33's for this run. It's not a sanctioned event, I just wanna see it. They also suggested that where I intend to go, my XJ might not fit.

Plus, 33's on my TJ, will fit better. TJs just naturally have more wheel well than XJs. I'm getting some rubbage on my XJ, and the 4.5 rusty's lift is meant for 32's anyway.

I'll do another one of my pic posts, but here is a pic of them:
image-missing.png

Strange noise when turning

Looks like some scary off camber stuff there. Have fun man.

RE: Re: RE: Happy T-Day

is that the cover over the lugs on the centerline rims? Those can be a pain in the a$s to get off if they were not removed for a while. drill and tap is going to be you method of choice!

Johnny, I think they are centerline, I went and bought an extractor kit anyway. I figure I'll need one someday anyway. Drilled and tapped'em right off. It was a pain in the azz.

Bchcky, of course buddy!! We love to razz around here. But you are half right, the cache of the TJ hasn't worn off yet, so I've been wheelin' it more.

I will say this: Holy crap the XJ is powerful with 32's and 4.56 gears. Not to mention the locker. I'm gonna go tear it up soon with that one too. I kinda like it with the 32's, looks Jeepspeed-ish. Baha anyone?

Re: RE: sick people in the world

oooh ok, makes more sense now though, you're saying you had 32's from the TJ to put onto the XJ? i thought you were putting stock tires from the TJ onto the XJ, damn i guess i havent kept up with the mods you've been making. so in light of that.....care to share everything you've done to the TJ so far again to refresh?

RE: Re: RE: Gosh It

The 32's came with the TJ.

Mods I've done., only K and N, and a Tcase drop until I can afford a proper SYE. I am going to be putting on a Bestop Halftop, with sunrider roof soon. I'm geared to 4.10, but am looking to head up to 4.88. Not much.

mingez said:
..................."wallered" ......................--Angry Mingez :evil:

Sounds like hillbilly for "wallowed". Next thing you know, you're going to tell me ya' got some hippie in ya' too :shock: !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RE: jeep jamboree charlotsville va mar18-20

mud4feet said:
mingez said:
..................."wallered" ......................--Angry Mingez :evil:

Sounds like hillbilly for "wallowed". Next thing you know, you're going to tell me ya' got some hippie in ya' too :shock: !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, Wallered and Wallowed are both hillbilly for things worn out from inside out. It's a total hillbilly term, yes sir. I don't think either are actually in the dictionary. :lol:

RE: Problem with brakes....

Next time, use a drill bit the same size as the o.d. of the bolt head. Once you drill the head off, you can remove the cover or whatever and then grab the remaining threaded part with a pair of vise grips. The threaded part will usually come out once the head is drilled off.

Back