ALL PIC POSTERS ,, HELP IS HERE, Thanks L33TJ33P

USMPK9

L33TJ33P, Thank you very much, I know I take liberty
starting this topic with your words, but I know many of
us need help resizing pics in our Signature files so that
they do not distract or increase download time.

L33TJ33P posted in a thread I started same topic.
He writes.
You can change the size of an image using the width and height attributes.

In general, it is not advisable to reduce image size using these settings, since the image will be transferred over the internet in its original size no matter what reduction is set for it. This will slow the loading of your webpage.

This means, that if you have an image that is bigger in size than you want it to be on your page, you should reduce the size in a graphics program, rather than reducing the size on the webpage using the width and height attributes.

On the contrary, sometimes, it can be wise to enlarge images using this technique.

If you leave out the settings for width and height, the browser will automatically use the real size of the image.

However, you should always enter the settings for width and height, even when using the real size!

The reason is that if the settings are left out, the browser can't build the page until the image is loaded entirely.

This means, that the visitor cannot read text around the image while the image itself is loading - which in turn will give the visitor an impression of a slow loading page.

This becomes especially true if the image is inside a table.
In that case, the whole table will not be shown until the image is loaded entirely.

edited by: USMPK9, Jun 10, 2003 - 11:26 PM[addsig]

Yes, the IMG "WIDTH" and "HEIGHT" tags are a good tool. However, if you're worried about loading times, these attributes won't help because the full size image is loaded by the browser THEN resized. So, in actuallity you're still loading the full image size.

Hope this helps
-Nick

edited by: XJNick, Jun 11, 2003 - 02:37 AM[addsig]

:) fortunently as long as we don't have 20+ pics on the same page then Page loading will not suffer much. Well, anymore than the Host forces us to suffer with the down time ;-)

::: Edit :::
However Dial-up Users must ALWAYS beware :-D

edited by: L33TJ33P, Jun 11, 2003 - 09:20 AM[addsig]

Hey USMPK9---

What size tires do you have on there? Brand? Your Jeep looks good![addsig]

Hey USMPK9---

What size tires do you have on there? Brand? Your Jeep looks good!
Jeep#3

1. Thank you.
Check out more pics @

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289965771

2. Rig's a 99 Trail Jeep Sport. 4.0L STOCK, with some minor goodies.
She's going UP within the month.

3. Current Tires ProComp X-terrains 31 x10.5
no need for a lift on a TJ, but this is the largest
that will fit without one.[addsig]

That's is a nice jeep..... When we going to go test it
and see if it works again? Did you get your disconects?
Also with that one front one out can you tell much
difference on the highway??? J----
:-D :cool: :-D [addsig]

Back