Air Tank!!!

88Wrangles

So, I've been keeping my eyes open for a cheap airtank ever since I bought my Jeep (last Nov.) and I finally found one last week. My mom is a realtor and she had this vacant house listed that we went to check on one night, after some sort of water tank was supposedly replaced. Well, turned out that water tank was a perfect air tank. It's all galvanized steel, and the supposed leaks were just around the nozzles, valves, etc. So today I hunted around and bought regulators and all the stuff that I need to make it work, and it does!! I'm so excited!! The only problem is that it is 54" tall and 17" in diameter, so it takes up the whole "trunk" of the Jeep. Oh well.

I bought my air tank on ebay. Was used as an air tank for an airhorn on a kenworth semi. Was cheap and works great. Allows me to use air tools on the trail. I cannot tell you how nice that is when you need to change a tire on the trail! - or just airing back up after a great cheap traction needed trail!

I'm lookin for a 2 gallon to dump under the jeep, ebay 35 bucks. What was that trunk space for before? stick it there, load everything else on the back seat.

By "trunk", I meant the whole area behind the front two seats. But hey, I can't really complain since it was free. I figured out that it will go sideways, fitting between the main hoop of the roll bar and the rear slanting part, on top of the wheel wells. Another problem is that it takes forever to fill up, but I guess that just means it will take longer to empty out!!

there ya go. ya know how many gallons it is? fill the whole wheelin groups tires up

hmmm the compressed co2 tanks fill up my whole groups tires with one tank, all 7 at one trail ride, you can get them made up by certain people, i kno ive heard prices that were like half of what the magazines want for their namebrand airtanks that they sell

Thermostat and oil pressure-- All fixed

What you describe sounds like a Extroll Tank, or Amtrol Tank.
Does it look like this?
image-missing.png

If so, Dont run it over 100 psi... Also note this has a internal Blatter that expands with pressure. I have a few 2-2.5 gal. tanks.. Free ... Tested over 250 psi.

Mine is a 2.5 gallon out of a mitsubishi truck that I found in a junk yard for $10, had it powder coated for $20

By asking the price of CO2, I meant the actual stuff. Like if you already have the tank, how much does it cost to get the actual CO2 (on the average)?

Back