Aftermarket seats?

Joopin

Super Moderator
Does anyone know if there are any companies that sell aftermarket front seats for wranglers? Knd of in the direction of the 5 pt. harness seats. I know alot of companies make these but I would like something to have a direct bolt in without having to make a new "under the seat" structure. Thanks for any help.

Check e-bay for some knock off racing seat like the rice burners run. I have seen a few on the trails and they look good and seem to hold you in there pretty good. Most come with new sliders and are easily adapted to the Jeep brackets.

I don't want ricer seats, mine are falling apart and I would like to upgrade though... I'll check it out, thanks Roost

I'm pretty sure mastercraft makes seats for the YJ, they nice looking..i'm thinking about a set of them myself..only problem is they like 300 bucks each and another 100 for the harness. knock offs might be the way to go.

I'm not feelin the mastercraft, I have seen those in the quadratec catalog. Plus I need something that won't soak up water. My buddy had some in his Toyota that had a vinyl covering, looked nice, didn't stay wet, but boy were they uncomfortable after an hour or so!

The Mastercraft Rubicon seats are by far the nicest. Pricy though at $349 a seat. The next best option from what we have seen are the Corbeau Baja and Baja Ultra. Same style and look as the master craft but they are only $159 a seat. Some of the rice burner seasts are real high backed look kind of funny in a jeep sometimes. They also have deep pockets with legs flanges which make it hard to get into them if you have a good sized lift on your jeep. They also wear out quicker because you are constantly sliding over that flage when you get in and out of the jeep!

Ya your right Wolfsmate79, those leg things are really gonna screw me, I am already 7 inches lifted and im planin on going 2 more. So I guess 5 point harness seats are out of the question... most of them have the deep pockets. I found these nice bestop ones with neoprene already on them too.. but they are 250 each... hmm should I blow a paycheck on 2 front seats? Damn.

Had you considered Wet Okole. I'm probably going to go with some of those. I know, "seat covers" usually suck. But these fit really well, and are great against water. Plus, they don't get as hot in the sun, which is nice. My buddy Chris has some, and I just loved them. I didn't even know they were covers! Of course, you'll have to stick with your current seats...

go here:
http://wetokole.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=JP

Hey mingez, those seat covers are that good? I just assumed all seat covers fit like crap, and I have heard the same from people that bought them. I never heard either or about Wet Okole though, and you really got me thinking when you said you didn't know that they were seat covers, that's saying alot! I checked them out and I can get a pair of them for the same price as ONE of the seats I was looking at... of course I would have to stick with my current seats... he he. Thanks for the heads up Mingez, now it's decision time.

Back