A pretty cool Internet Radio Station

southtj

http://www.wholewheatradio.org/

They play music you won't hear on your local stations and brodcast from Talkeetna, Alaska from this shack. Check them out, you might like it.
image-missing.png

We're real people. We have an outhouse out back. We don't have a professionally polished webpage, flashy banner ads, overblown self-promotion and lots of glitz. If you came here because you're tired of other webcast's hype and just want to connect with down-to-earth people and great music --- stick around.

We're simple, silly folks with a love of independent music. Consider us a little backwoods cabin (literally) with a bunch of beat up cars parked around the campfire where great music is being played. You'll see a few people dancing, a group over there discussing philosophy, and a romantic couple cuddling under a red blanket with a bottle of wine. Wear your comfortable jeans and the tee-shirt with a rip under the arm. You'll fit right in.

Whole Wheat Radio is an unpretentious, interactive, independent music world community. Our webcast originates from a cramped 12x12 cabin in Talkeetna, Alaska. It's as close to Northern Exposure's funky radio station as you can get. (Yup, there's a moose that hangs around the cabin. And an adorable monkey too.) We broadcast 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year with the help of our tireless DJs - human and otherwise. We've been on-the-air since August of 2002 and have served up well over a million individual 'listens' to independent musicians' tunes.

South, you serious? LOL That's interesting.

Personally, I listen to Margarativille radio sometimes. I also love this station on Itunes Radio called ZION. It's a reggae station. Other than that, I don't listen to the net radio much but its great. There are SO many cool places you can listen to music from.

Lady

LadyJeepFreak said:
South, you serious? LOL That's interesting.
Lady

:lol: Yeah, I was serious. Why? I know it's a strange mix of music but I like all kinds.

I used to love radio Margaritaville but haven't listened in a while. Do they still require the Real Player? I don't have it and won't use it.

edit: Just checked out radio Margaritaville and it appears they wised up. You can now use the Real player, Windows media player or any MP3 player like Jet Audio that I use. Now I'm going to have to listen to both. :D

Back