6' fenders? im looking for a good place to buy flares

MuddinYJ88

I just lifted my 88 YJ, i lifted it 4" and put some 33x1250 xterrains with xtreme alloys and they stick out a good 4" from my stock flares. I live in the state of California where everything is a big deal and the police revenue is low. Therefore u get nailed for everything. Im on a budget as of now and am really just needing some 6"-7" flares for my yj,Xenon? they say no cutting or drilling... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I just went through the same thing on my 93 YJ after I got nailed with a vehicle inspection a few months ago. I looked at the Bushwacker's and wouldn't recommend them to anyone who takes their jeep off road. They're made of cheap plastic which will break if you stuff your tire into the wheel well too hard. Even the shop where I looked at them discouraged me from purchasing them if it's going off road. I also read numerous threads on other sites saying the same thing. Otherwise, I think they look great. I ended up getting the Xenon 6" flares. You can get a TJ style for the YJ that requires no cutting or if you're planning on getting larger tires you can just order the ones made for a TJ (which is what I did) and cut out your wheel wells a little bigger.

What part of California are you in? My friends and I drive our Jeeps all over northern and central CA, a little bit of so cal, with big lifts, monster tires, stock flares, and none of us have ever had the police or chp give us any trouble about them. Fender flares fall in the same boat as mud flaps, blue head-lights, modified exhaust, etc. No vehicle inspections here in CA, so no worries. I've talked to cops, including my brother-in-law, and unless you act suspicious or the officer is trying to nail you with as many violations as possible, there is a good chance that you will never be hassled about the little stuff. Plust extended flares make the Jeep look way to wide. Just my 2 cents.

Youth Football Coach Accused Of Having 'Hit List'

GaryMB said:
extended flares make the Jeep look way to wide. Just my 2 cents.

I agree....I hate the look of a Jeep with really wide flares! Instead of tall and skinny like a Jeep, they look short and fat like a VW bug on steroids.....

In new brunswick Canada its a huge thing to have stock flares with big tires and lifts.The last while the rcmp are starting to pull lifted rigs over takeing pics of them and you have to take it to a enginner of the government to get mvi.No ones passed yet it,so that means back to stock if not they suspend your regisation until it passes.Theres not that many cases yet but its starting,its a hole lot of f@#king bs. www.4x4preservation.ca

What the hell!!! I know this topic has been talked about to death, but here it is. I just got pulled over by the RCMP in my truck and they gave me a warnig for driving an unsafe vehicle. Now they want me to go to Fredericton to get my truck re-certified by an engineer. Now I've been told that this is bullsh*t, but I was in no mood to put up a fight. Besides, they could easily have nailed me for driving without a front licence plate and/or not having signed my registration.

Now I know that there are definitly people here that know more on this subject than I do, so if you have any information on the highway act or on the legality of modified vehicles let me know.

The bas***d took pictures of the truck and everything, so now I'm all paranoid of driving it around.

This is one of the post from our jeep club.

Ching, ching...ok you can argue this issue to death but...do serve a few functions. Like keeping the mud from hitting you, your jeep and your fellow jeeper beside you in the mud pit of life. Oh did I also point out rocks? I have custom rocker-panel armor and have lost that stupid little plastic piece that sit's behind the front fender. Well lol and behold it does have a purpose it keeps the larger rocks from hitting your mirror, arm while it sticks out the window and my rear passengers...have hit two so far.
I dont like the wider flares myself, but I am sure everyone else on the road does.

Hey utah, if you need a extra pair of those stupid flare extensions. I have a brand new pair that came w/my bushwackers that i dont use. Let me know if you want them...Any way if you like the look of your jeeep when you got it stock, then it looks the same after you put 8-10 inch wheels and 12.50 on it. Plus i disagree w/the bushwackers breaking. Beat the s#%t out of mine for 3 yrs and haven't broke them yet. The xenon one's i had before were to soft and flexy and actually ended up saging down loosing clearance on the tires..my experience only mind u....

I don't know about other places, but in California the tire's tread cannot stick out past the fenders and mud flaps are required if the body is 18" or more from the ground. No one follows this, though, and no one gets in trouble. I think the Police and CHP just love our modded Jeeps too much to write tickets for this kind of stuff :mrgreen:

joedirt said:
What the hell!!! I know this topic has been talked about to death, but here it is. I just got pulled over by the RCMP in my truck and they gave me a warnig for driving an unsafe vehicle. Now they want me to go to Fredericton to get my truck re-certified by an engineer. Now I've been told that this is bullsh*t, but I was in no mood to put up a fight. Besides, they could easily have nailed me for driving without a front licence plate and/or not having signed my registration.

Now I know that there are definitly people here that know more on this subject than I do, so if you have any information on the highway act or on the legality of modified vehicles let me know.

The bas***d took pictures of the truck and everything, so now I'm all paranoid of driving it around.

This is one of the post from our jeep club.
I sent you a pm.

sticker

Check with acmejeepparts.com or 4wheelparts.com for flares not cheap though about $250 US

Back