4.0 Engine Replacement Options??

Smackdaddy

Hey!! First time on the site and hope it will be useful. I have begun work on my 1995 Wrangler and aside from a high output coil and a K&N cold air tube it is bone stock under the hood. The motor has 140K on it and in the name of trying to get a little more out of it I would think a camshaft would bein order. In lieu of that I am thinking about just replacing the entire engin with a crate motor. Quadratec.com has one but they also have one from Golen that is 260 HP. Says they basically stroked the motor to get the power. Fine and dandy. My question is . . do ya really need it? The replacement is half the price and with headers and exhaust, the cold air kit, maybe some high performance injectors and few other things???? Also, if you guys are thinking engines do you know of anyplace better than Quadratec???

Welcome to the Z.

I wouldn't bother if your 4.0L is running fine. It's a very capable engine. Are you trying to compensate for larger tires? If so, consider regearing the axles to get the engine back in the proper powerband.

Also I have 62mm performance throttle bodies and spacers available if interested, will give that little extra HP and MPG.

Back