20ft of 1.5in pipe , 2 Bored Jeepers ,an 1 TJ .........

TwistedTJ

What is goin to happen to happen here?

I'll tell ya since I did my flatty conversion back in october I havnt had front flares . Well Jeepdude832 had bought a new pipe bender and we just had to test it out . It bends pipe great !!! We had bent the piping for my front flares which follow the stock flares lines . There not complete yet but as soon as we get some 1/8th in flat steel and find out how to mount them to the TJ we'll post pics

If anyone has any Idea how to mount them to the TJ it would be great to know how you would try to do it :D

When you weld the .125 plate to them, can you bend a 90 degree flange on the backside that you could pop some holes in and use to bolt them on? Are your front fenders made from tube, or did you bob the factory ones? If you have tube fenders just weld them on, but the factory ones aren't strong enough to bolt those to and the first time they got bumped your fenders would get damaged.

If you got nerf bars and a brushguard, you could do the exoskeleton thing and mount one end to your nerfs and the other to the front bumper....as long as that brushguard can support whatever load you plan on placing on those tubes.

Hey, I need some pipe bent! what is the maximum wall thinkness can the bender bend, where did he get and it and how $$$$! I need new toys!!

Junk Pile : I bobbed the factory fenders and we just made the flares out on the tube.
JPS4JEEP: I'm not sure how thick or how much it was bought at Harbor Freight and bends from 1/2in pipe to 2in.

Are you bending pipe or tube? There is a difference and there are different benders for each. Pipe is measured from the inside diameter and tube is measured on the outside. If you bend pipe in tube bender you will likely damage the die and get the material stuck in it.
Those yellow or orange benders that look like a jig with a bottle jack are for pipe. Tube benders are what most people use for Jeeps or race cars.
Have fun with it either way. Just wanted you to be aware of what material you needed.

Back