2006 WK- Gears or Supercharger??

Black_Jeep_Hemi

i have a 2006 JGC Overland as my daily driver and i have added a few mods already; 2" budget lift, 265/70 Cooper STT mudders, K&N, superchips performance tune, flowmaster exhaust.

I would like to increase the power output by changing the gears or adding a supercharger to help with the altitude, bigger tires and overall weight issue.
My concern is the drive train- by increasing the gear size or adding HP/TRQ to the motor what else should i look into upgrading to prevent breakage? I believe the stock axles are Dana 35's so does anyone know if a 4.56 gear ratio would fit? would i need to replace the stock axle shafts, u-joints, etc...?? I am concerned that adding a lot more power would destroy the Quadradrive II 4x4 system with all of its electronic gizmos and clutch packs too.

Im on a budget but i am willing to pay to have it done right the first time. I also want to keep its performance on and off road as well as towing capability. I need something that would be bullet proof too because i drive it like i stole it (i like to educate honda and subaru owners in the ways of Hemi).

any suggestions??? Thanks.

The words "Budget" and "Supercharger" should not be used in the same sentence. 8)

Gears are relatively inexpensive and relatively easy to change back if you don't like the end result. The down side of gears is that they can wreck havoc with the computer and you'll be taching higher RPMs for a given speed. The tach issue would not hold for a supercharger, but you'd be in to all sorts of computer issues with that mod.

The words "Budget" and "Supercharger" should not be used in the same sentence. 8)

Gears are relatively inexpensive and relatively easy to change back if you don't like the end result. The down side of gears is that they can wreck havoc with the computer and you'll be taching higher RPMs for a given speed. The tach issue would not hold for a supercharger, but you'd be in to all sorts of computer issues with that mod.

Thanks Jeepergeo- your right- $7k for a supercharger is not "Budget"!! LOL i have been quoted $2k for the gears with install and i have my super chips tuner that can adjust the computer for the new gear ratios. Have you heard of any instances of too much trq on a QuadraDrive II system that burns out the clutch pack? i really like the system but is it too fancy for these kinds of mods?? What about the Dana 35's?? I'll do trails rated at a 5 out of 10, drag race on the weekends and use it as a daily driver so the entire drive train is getting a workout. would you look into stronger axle shafts if you were doing gears? just don't want to do a half @#$ job and pay for it later out on the trail... thanks again.

Back