2000 wrangler

dgrover1078

I have a 2000 wrangler with the 4.0 and a five speed trans. Lately I have been getting a very loud and annoying squeeling sound from the engine compartment. This usually starts at around forty mph. The noise starts when i get off the throttle, and goes away when i get back on it. Once it starts, it stays even at lower speeds. It will go away in a few minutes at idle, and will not come back in idle even if i rev the engine. I changed the belt thinking that was the problem, but it wasnt. I also changed the throttle body and gaskets after having it smoke tested and being told smoke was escaping at the shaft that goes into the throttle body, but still it squeels. I have tried spraying the intake manifold and vacumn lines with starting fluid, and there is no increase in engine rpm. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this and how to fix it? I am at my wits end!! Please help!

Alternator pulley bearings? Just a thought.

My alternator bearings made all kinds of noise ... I replaced water pump and both idler pulleys before I found out what it was.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Jeepz

Back