2 wheeled Jeep. BIG pic inside!

mingez

Yj Rear TailGate

Bought a 2 wheeled Jeep today. A 1992 Kawaski KLR 650.
image-missing.png

Sorry for the big pic!!
I rode one a month ago, and fell in love with the bike. Trail riding on these bad boys is awesome. 6 gallon tank 300+ miles. On AND off road. It's great.

Are any of you dual sport motorcycle fans, or any kind of cycle fans?

ah_too_bad said:
dude, i'll race you.... i have a new kfx700 v-force.

Sweet. Not a big quad fan, but still cool.

I have 3 ATV's a 1999 Banchee a 1986 250R on Alcohol and Nitrous and building a 1972 Kawi 750 on a white brothers Baja ATV frame..people dont look for bikers on the street and my life isnt worth the ride...if I want to go topless I own a jeep.

I rode dirt bikes for many years but that was a long long long time ago. I use to race motorcross on a Rupp Motorcycle, I also had Hodaka's, Any of you young guys ever even hear of thoes. For the trail ride I rode we rode trials bikes. Never even see them any more. I rode a Bultaco Sherpa T! That was a blast! The trick was to go where there were no trails and not ever take your feet off the peg's. Bike's were heavy and there was no suspention compared to todays bike. Whole nother animal I guess. Later we did get into the Jap Bikes and Kawasiki was the bike of choice for me and my ol man. The bike I could not afford inthe day but dreamed of were CZ's, Husky's, Can Ams, and a few other's. The Rupp had a six speed transmission and we are talking early 70's with a Sack's 125 cc engin. That puppy was fast for the day. Most of my buddies then road Hondas or Suzuikis and I could eat their lunch no problem in the dirt. How ever there is no replace ment for the ol Bultaco's of the trails age. I still dream of thoes. tug
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Guess I am just showing my age. heheheheeh tug

blower motor

when I was a teen I rode dirt bikes. My first bike was a new 1987 KX80. Dont laugh, I was 16 and only 85 lbs! Later I traded it in on a KX125. I liked the 80 much better. Easier for me to handle. The baddest bike I ever rode was a 1976 Husquvarna 360. At no more than 90 lbs I was a scary ride. Now I like 4 wheels off road. I guess I am getting old.

The baddest bike I ever rode was a 1976 Husquvarna 360
Was it the Auto transmission modle! That was a really nuice bike in the day! I love to vintage dirt bikes to say the least. I wish I could find a older bike to restore. tug

Congrats on the Bike man, I actually sold my Suzuki DR350 Dual Sport to help purchase my second and current YJ. Loved the bike but had to make a choice between the 2. There really was no contest. Have fun with you new toy.

Tug-n-pull said:
I rode dirt bikes for many years but that was a long long long time ago. I use to race motorcross on a Rupp Motorcycle, I also had Hodaka's, Any of you young guys ever even hear of thoes. For the trail ride I rode we rode trials bikes. Never even see them any more. I rode a Bultaco Sherpa T! That was a blast! The trick was to go where there were no trails and not ever take your feet off the peg's. Bike's were heavy and there was no suspention compared to todays bike. Whole nother animal I guess.

Actually Tug, I see them quite a bit. There's a whole sub-culture similar to Jeepz for Trials bikes. I love em. Check out these sites:
http://trials.co.uk/
http://www.westny.com/beta.htm
http://www.trials4fun.20m.com/

I used to have 2 yamaha's, both 74 Trail 175, traded them for a 98 CR 250 with blown motor back in 2000, sold the dirt bike and my 65 harley to by my 02 CBR. Before all you harley guys rip on me, the CR was a great bike just didn't use it like I thought I would, and the harley was a piece of junk. Looked nice, ran like crap, and I was in college, and needed a bike with a warranty and a harley was just too expensive so I went with the CBR. But I am looking for a electra glide right now!

Any of you guys have a Suzuki Hayabusa, or have heard of them? That's going to be my next mode of transportation. It hauls a$$! It'll do 0-60 in about 3 seconds.

Help please, brake lights out?

yeah, i've heard of the 'busa... i have an interesting video of one where he flys by a cop at somewhere around 200 mph and the cop just sits there with his thumb up where the sun dont shine cuz theres no way he can catch the 'busa

A Busa, ya every new model comes with it's very own casket!!

JK, well sort of
Busa's are a wild bike but you need to have a sence of control. my firend that rides with me bough a brand new 03 gixxer 1000 last year had it for about 2 months and it was totalled. No control, doing a wheelie at only 20 mph. Now he has a V-Rod

Granted the busa is a 1300 The bike is wicked stable cause the wheel base is a lot longer. I rode one and had it to about 185 mph and it felt more stable than my CBR is at 160 mph.

Back