1" motor mount lift

gspotracing..

Has anyone done a homemade 1" motor mount lift ? I'm going to do it this weekend, and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas. I'm thinking of using 2x1", 1/8" tube steel.

I'm doing this because I want to take the 1" pucks out that lower the skid plate. My driveshaft angle is nasty with them out.

:evil: [addsig]

So how are you going to do this? Do you just add a block under the existing motor mount to raise them up? This is a new thought for me as I am dumb as a coal bucket, so please walk me through this. you have a supension lift and to correct the angle problem you droped the transfer case ezing the angle. Now to get the skid back up you are going to raise the front "motor" rather than drope the rear "Transfer case & transmission". If that will work in the rather of the pucks then it seems that the combo of the two would help even more. Am I understanding this or no? Tug :-? [addsig]

I'll be doing the same thing soon, just use 1" thick metal stock, square tube is fine, and duplicate the mounting bolts. I'll be doing it in conjunction with a flat skidplate under the transfer case. I'm building a seperate transmission mount, so it won't be bolted to the skid, no protuding bolts.[addsig]

i'm interested, and have been looking it all up lately... TommyJeep has the best setup i've seen... if you want a flatbelly, you'll have to have a body lift, which i know bounty has... but you'll need enough to tuck the transmission/case up[addsig]

I am the type of person to build something before buying it, but if you are not that type of person, you can purchase the motormount lifts through a number of catalogs.

A benefit of motor lifts that I did not see yet, is the ground clearence increase btween that soft oilpan and terra firma

Good luck and have fun! send some "in-process pics"

Johnny[addsig]

Motor mount lift? huh? Something just don't sound right about this. Why lift the motor? I've seen/had too many motor mounts break on my CJ to think about lifting it. (I now have M.O.R.E.'s bombproof motor mounts that can't break.)
I'm thinking "I can't lift my motor up 1" due to the valve cover would hit the back of the firewall!" Just don't sound right.........

:-? [addsig]

no, its a good thing, people do it all the time, it helps with driveline angles, gets your oilpan out of harms way, makes up for the "dropped motor" from a body lift... it helps in many ways[addsig]

Back