zj pickup truck

2004tjx

building me a zj pickup. started a week ago and here are the pics of the progress.

what i started with.. in this pic the interior is removed;;;

highbac-1.jpg

and the chop begins....

chopped-1.jpg

thechopinstall-1.jpg

thechopinstall3-1.jpg

the metal work...

drsidecap-1.jpg

roofcap-1.jpg

the glass work....

glasswork-1.jpg

glasswork2-1.jpg

now i need to finish a few more layers of glass then some lite bondo work and it will be prep and paint time .

I sooo wish I had the know-how to do this to my ZJ. I love the look of the ZJ truck.

i would never ruin it by putting anything gm in it....a ford 5.0 or another mopar motor...5.7 or 6.1 hemi...but my 5.2 is just fine right now. and it will get 33's and a 4" lift with lots of fender trimming done. and mud sucks, i like technical stuff...climbing off~camber stuff.
thanks for the compliments

heres the metal and fiberglass work done. the bondo stage is going on now. going to build a toolbox to block off the passenger compartment.

firstlayerofbondo-1.jpg

sanddr-1.jpg

sandps-1.jpg

sandtop-1.jpg

the rear side to side brace
rearsidebrace1-1.jpg

and the toolbox design...this looking down at it...
zjtoolbox-1.jpg

Have you ever considered making a new back and have it slant so kind of have the look of a humvee? The truck conversion looks good great job by the way.

yeah i thought about then was like NO....why copy a vehicle that is not as good as a jeep? well dang,now that i think about it it looks like a H2 SUT.....

and thanks for the compliment.

Well a humvee is completely different from a hummer, as I have been reminded numerous times by other jeepers on this forum. But what u did looks better then that h2 crap, it's a jeep!

p0p

Looks like it's shaping up nicely. Are you going to put some sort of cage in the back, or reinforce it in some way?

i have a 2x2 solid steel bar to support side to side. but yes oneday it will get a full exocage and partial interior cage.and everything i am doing to it reinforces it, the hatch(backwindow) is welded in,it has the steel bar in back , the toolbox will be part of the structure.

ok...plan change,not building it...lol just kidding. its actually going to be alot different and will be a tank. will post some teaser pics tomorrow

ok i have not had time to do pics. but i have had a bumper started on,i have relocated the fuel tank, and the panels had been reshaped for the future mods that are coming

little update...cage started on...
cage-1.jpg

cage2-1.jpg

and what it should look like when done....this is it..all red is not done yet.....
jeepgct4painted-1.jpg

Back