What was this guy thinking???

I emailed this gentleman as well, taking the bit more tackful method trying to see what his methods were (this was after knowing it was sold)

I wrote
How much for the rubicon with the original rims and tires? no offense, those are nice to look at, but a rubicon is designed to go off road, and those probably won't get you past the gate. If the original wheels and tires were on it, I am positive that your vehicle would be a bit more respectable

He replied with
iTS SOLD....SORRY !.......by the way I have the stock rims w/35 goodyear M/TRS Are you interested in those. Cheap

Maybe I can make a deal with this guy!

I would not be so harsh to write to him calling him names or saying that his jeep is trash. everyong is entitled to perform what ever mod's to there jeep that they like. I am not one to to persecut him, at least he spent his money on his vehicle and not on something stupid like drugs. There are all different types of motorsports and auto modification out there, if you can't embrace it all, then you are just ignorant as the next guy.

Teach Them YOUNG!

All kidding aside the dude had a sharp ride way to nice for the off road set. He most likely has some great tires and wheels there for sale and if he is done with his little Jeep rant he may be will to give a good deal on the extras that came off of the Rubicon. Worth being nice to him over if you need tires and wheels. tug

Site Map Pull Down Blues

true that, but it is fun to make fun of a guy with alot of money and doesn't know how to apply it to a Jeep and make a real Jeep instead of a highway cruiser.........Keep on Jeeping.........

As I said i did email the dude one more and last time told him he was the man and he had the right to make his rubi into what ever he wanted to. I told him that I did not understand his way of thinking but if he wanted and paid for it there was no reason not to do it! here is his final responce!

Hey that's for the nice e-mail.....were all just trying to be individuals
right .......if we all like the same things , jeeps would be boring... I
wish you the best to.... mr rubicon

Mr Rubicon Please! hehehe he is so full of himself I am just sorry I ever bothered him and I want the 13.67 mins I wasted on him with reading and emails hehehe tug

That jeep would be awsome if he would just take those wheels off it!Stock wheels are better than those.

He says he has the stock wheels with 35's on them. I just don't understand?

Ugggh, I'm afraid I have to report another Jeep masacre. I work at circuit city and today someone brought in a YJ with chrome 22s wrapped in low pros. He of course came in to get a system installed. He is taking out the backseat and putting in two twelves along with a cd changer under the driver seat and a alpine headunit with a flip up screen, also satelite radio. It was great for my numbers considering I got extended warranties on everything and top of the line cables and stuff but I couldn't help but vomit when I saw the car again. Not to mention, I had to drive the POS into the road shop garage. I felt so stupid driving around in that thing, so stupid and ashamed. Glad that's not my car.

But still, people have the right to do whatever they want to their car. Cars are an expression of individualism. A guy having a jeep sittin on 22s is no different than a guy dressing up as girl. Of course people are going to have problems with it but it is their decision none-the-less.

I don't know of any people that drive Jeepz dress up like girls unless they are girls in the first place......Keep on Jeepin......... 8)

Well.....I gotta say from reading this thread that I definitely found the right forums for Jeepin'.....you guys kill me! :lol: There are a few of those HUGE pavement princess SUVs around here with those dorky looking wheels on them....man, that's just wrong!

His add says it's never been off-road and never driven in the rain? well, only thing good I can say about that is the next owner gets to pop the cherry on it! That's the way I got my '94 YJ...it was a garage dweller too, driven by some business woman, never off-road, and most likely never even in the rain....at least she put decent wheels and tires on it......

That also reminds me, there's a guy in Wichita that has a Cadillac SUV (the extra-large size) that he chopped down, put on those 20" chrome wheels, and lowered so that it won't even clear the lines in the road.....talk about stupid.....

I have to say that I personally like the look Escalades when they're lowered and have 20"+ wheels. Who would take a Cadillac off-road any ways? I don't have a problem doing it to vehicles that will suck off road anyways, just not when people do it to something like a Jeep! I have to admit that I also have a Ford pickup that sits on the ground with 245x35x20 tires/wheels.

88Wrangles said:
I have to say that I personally like the look Escalades when they're lowered and have 20"+ wheels. Who would take a Cadillac off-road any ways? I don't have a problem doing it to vehicles that will suck off road anyways, just not when people do it to something like a Jeep! I have to admit that I also have a Ford pickup that sits on the ground with 245x35x20 tires/wheels.

I can see this point. You are able to do anything you want to any thing you own. Dropping any thing is just beyond my grasp though. I am just to old and set in my ways to get it! I have gone for a ride in a couple of the lowered rides and they were done up quiet nicely from what I know and understand. They all rode like a dump truck! I can not see them as good looking and the resale is so shot when you go to cutting and removen stuff to do this. All I can say is if you like it do. But I will never understand why.. I had a Lincoln LSC and it was a sweet ride. I did run a low profile tire on it but stock wheels. It had Air Ride and had a switch in the trunk where you could dump the air and scoot around all close to the ground and have to dodge man hole covers and speed bumps were just out of the question. Need less to say I only dumped the air a couple of times. Tug

Although it is true that anybody can do their vehicle any way they want and it can make a statement about the owner, I think a Rubi with 20-something wheels and street tires states he's an knucklehead!

I work in DC, AKA the land of SUV's. So many H2's, Escalades, Navigators, etc etc etc. I see the big chrome wheels with low profile bananna peels running around that insane asylum we call our nation's capitol all day long. When it snows, they must all leave them home because you just don't see 'em. All they are are a status symbol and I status them all pathetically materialistic, narcissistic look-at-me's with more dollars than sense. I just gotta crack a smile when they look down their noses at my Jeep with doors that don't match because what they don't know is I could walk into a dealer tomorrow and buy one of those status symbols, but I love my Jeep and wouldn't trade with any of them!

I still wait for the day that someone comes into my shop waving the cash to do something stupid like that to there jeep. I'm not quite sure how I will handle it....

ecor said:
I still wait for the day that someone comes into my shop waving the cash to do something stupid like that to there jeep. I'm not quite sure how I will handle it....

If you are a business man you will take the money and growl all the way thru the deal. The coustomer is all ways right when they are paying the phone bill for you. If you are just in for the fun and ect.. Kick em out and do the do. I do Auctions that I hate cause they pay the bills. Wish I could only sale fine Antiques and Collectibles. However I wind up selling tupperware and wicker baskets in every estate.

As for why do they do what they do. Cause thay can! Whos to bless and whos to blame.

Oh I'd take there money but I don't know if I could contain my laughter until they are gone. OF course I would have to post picts. so all of you could appriecate my pain :twisted:

NO WAY

It's been over a week now and this guy finally emailed me back. This is what he said...DIRT NIGGLER, YOU MUST BE SO JEALOUS YOU COULD NOT SLEEP LAST NIGHT , MY JEEP IS ALL YOU CAN THING ABOUT ....WHO ASK FOR YOUR STUPID OPINION ANYWAY.... YOUR AN IDIOT
Your files are attached and ready to send with this message.

Craig said:
It's been over a week now and this guy finally emailed me back. This is what he said...DIRT NIGGLER, YOU MUST BE SO JEALOUS YOU COULD NOT SLEEP LAST NIGHT , MY JEEP IS ALL YOU CAN THING ABOUT ....WHO ASK FOR YOUR STUPID OPINION ANYWAY.... YOUR AN IDIOT
Your files are attached and ready to send with this message.

Great, the guy is a racist AND an idiot. As well as the worst speller in the history of mankind.

I can't believe some people.

Back