What to do What to do

SeeJay7

Ok well.....

I picked up a 1986 CJ7 a few months ago and i have been able to get some stuff done to it but i am kinda stuck on where to go with it now....

So far ... I have taken the hard top, fenders (plasic and metal), hood, windsheild and hinges, seats, doors and hinges, tailgate, tail laights and dashboard all off.

I have also removed all rusted parts of panels. I intend to replace the panels with the replacements that go right over the old ones and get welded or Body Glued on.

Where do i go from here? My end plans are to have a toy to use in the summer and off roading..i plan on lifting it and adding lockers and all the fun stuff. But as a retoration where do i go from here?

Thanks for your help

Chris

How do the frame and the tub look? Might as well take off the tub and clean and paint the frame if you are in that deep already, taking care of any rust along the way. Beats doing it twice ;)

May be a good time to get into welding! A cheap 110V Mig welder should do the body panels just fine.

IF i have to weld other stuff like body mounts and bumbers or bigger things.....what welder would i need...could i use that same one fr body panels?>

the tubs coming off today...i hope....

Chris

I'm just looking at getting into welding myself, but if you do a search on here you'll see a couple recent threads which cover welders.

Back