what kind of axles?

Jeepster05

how can you tell what kind of axles you have? I didn't ask the guy I bought it from what kind they were so I was wondering. I think they're dana 30 and 35s but i dont know. its a 1990 YJ.[addsig]

easiest and most sure way to tell is to go to the dealer and have them give you a spec sheet based on your serial number/VIN... they'll tell you gear ratios, features, recall history, etc...[addsig]

If you're in the states, it's a D35 rear D30 front.

What engine and type transmission do you have?
2.5L auto is 3.73 gears
2.5L 5spd is 4.10 gears
4.0L 5spd is 3.07 gears
4.0L auto could be 3.55 or 3.73
Not a steadfast guideline, just a general rule.

There is a tag on each diff that will give you the gear ratio, clean it off and rear the first three digits of the top row.

The second row of the tag has the ring and pinion tooth counts. Divide the large number (ring gear) by the smaller number (pinion) and this also gives you the gear ratio.[addsig]

easiest and most sure way to tell is to go to the dealer and have them give you a spec sheet based on your serial number/VIN... they'll tell you gear ratios, features, recall history, etc...

Will any dealership do this? Is it free? To bad a GM dealership wouldnt be able to do it, the nearest chrysler dealer is about an hour away. But the biggest thing is, would a dealer who didnt sell the jeep be able to/ be willing to do this? and what does it cost?

thanks!
Nathan[addsig]

Back