Very Simple Lift Question

JeepinSC

I have a 2009 Jeep Unlimited X in which I have begun making preparations for some simple mods. I do not plan on taking it off road but would like to put a lift kit on it just for the hell of it. I was thinking no more than 3 inches. I have never done this before so I am unsure on the difficulty and money involved.

My question is simple. When buying a "lift kit" is everything you need included in the kit? I mean do you have to purchase different springs or other items seperately for proper installation?

Sounds like a coil spacer lift would be ideal for you, relatively inexpensive but gives the aggressive stance many are looking for. You should be able to fit 33" tires or slightly larger with just a 2" spacer lift. Most coil spacer lifts are complete and require only 4 spacers and 4 shocks.

You may need a spring compressor if you are going to install it yourself. You can probably rent one from an auto part store. Daystar makes cheap spacers too.

Is there a spacer lift out there that will go 3" or is 2" as high as they offer?

Some have said they get vibrations afterwards (I'm SURE that will happen to me), so should you go ahead and install the transfer case???? drop kit while you're working on it?

Back