transmission slipping help!

zchrisz

i have a 94 grand cherokee with 134k miles on it, the transmission shifts fine from 1st to 2nd, but 2nd to 3rd it slips, if i let off the gas it'll shift in to gear but if i hit it again it slips, i've adjusted the tv cable, i took it to the dealer once and they said they adjusted the fluid pressure? it was fine for a couple months and now it's back, what could it be?

I would suggest you take it down and have it power flushed and the pick up filter replaced, beyound that you might need to have the bands adjusted.
After that have a good , reliable transmission shop rebuild it or try your luck with a junk yard replacment.

well i bumped up the fluid pressure allen 1 turn, i changed the fluid with atf+4 and added lucas transmission additive, and while driving it now it slipped a bit but went in to 3rd, before it wouldnt, what does this tell me?

well i bumped up the fluid pressure allen 1 turn, i changed the fluid with atf+4 and added lucas transmission additive, and while driving it now it slipped a bit but went in to 3rd, before it wouldnt, what does this tell me?
This is a guess here but valves? I opened my transmission once with the help of my good friend who is a mechanic and his buddy who does transmissions, After replacing both planetary gear sets and re-shimming the clutch packs I vowed never to attempt that again.
My best advise is to take it down to a good transmission shop and talk to them. The money your trying to save by doing it your self is not worth the head ache of messing something up in there.
Most people can do manuals transmissions but the little tricks of doing an auto are beyond most.

Back