TPS Sensor Replaced But There's Still a Problem

jjintn

Ok, got an error code reading 21, and 24 after the check engine light came on. I replaced the TPS sensor thinking if it's bad it can cause false codes in other sensors (correct me if I'm wrong). Anywas, the check engine light and codes are still there and whenever I accelerate the jeep feels like its not getting enough gas, almost like a hiccup (It has been doing this since the lights came on) . Anyone have any ideas? Oh it's a 97 Wrangler.[addsig]

Just a thought. I had blown my intake gasket on the throtle body. The computer was telling it it was sucking in more air so, it was dumping in more fuel(not really needing it).
It ended up burning both O2 sensors and my cat. Just something for you to ponder.

By the way, mine is also a 97TJ with a 4cyl.[addsig]

The alarm codes will clear only after 50 successful starts.
To save the time, disconnect the battery + cable for few minutes and reconnect it again.
Take a short drive and test for alarm codes again.
Alon
[addsig]

Your code 21 is the O2 sensor, 24 is the TPS. You should repair the codes in order. Try replacing the O2 and resetting the PCM (disconnect the battery for a couple minutes). Since the TPS is already new you should be ready to go.[addsig]

Back