The speedo cable popped out...

BLUEGRASS Yj

well checked under my rig and saw that the cable that hooks into my transfer case was hanging out and just jammed it back in but my spedo isn't working still.. any tips on what to do about that ? :cry::shock::cry:

does it just clip in? i thought it screwed in?

sorry i guess that would had helped.. It's a 87 YJ... if it clipped in i didn't see one... when I noticed it hanging I had no idea what it was but did some research and figured it out. It didn't screw in for sure. I just pushed it back in. Wouldn't mind if i could get my speedo to work again. Not that my Jeep is able to speed.. lol

sorry i guess that would had helped.. It's a 87 YJ... if it clipped in i didn't see one... when I noticed it hanging I had no idea what it was but did some research and figured it out. It didn't screw in for sure. I just pushed it back in. Wouldn't mind if i could get my speedo to work again. Not that my Jeep is able to speed.. lol
First, there is a gear that slides into the end of the speedo cable. This probably fell out somewhere. If it is gone, you can order it online. Just make sure you get the proper gear for your differential gearing and your tire size.
Second, there is a clamp that holds the cable in the housing by a bolt. You might be able to get a replacement from the stealer or junk yard.
Good luck.

Back