The jeep! its falling apart!

so should i just spray them down really well?

Yuppers. Last time I had it happen, I had to take the wheels off and hit'em with high pressure. Couldn't get it all off the insides while they were on the Jeep. You'd be surprised at how little it takes to make it shake like a belly dancer!

i dont know if it worked but i stopped by the do it yourself car wash and high pressured them for a good 5 minhavent gone on the high way via the snow we go today!!!

IT DIDNT WORK AHHH!!! i think im gonna try to take the wheels off but for now im gonna drive through every big puddle i see!!

Also when you spray It down look to make sure your wheel weights are still there.

:agree: ..........When the "mud in the wheels" thing happened to me, I couldn't do over 35 mph on the way to a hose without shakin' every bolt loose - really, really bad shakes (BTW....the factory wheels that came on my TJ really sucked - real mud-catchers). You might consider having your tires/wheels re-balanced......relatively inexpensive......and see if that helps.

I lied, i went up to my uncles yesterday and power sprayed the inside of all the wheels really good! its perfect now, i love going faster then 60 mph now!!!:bomb:

new to this forum, so if i say anything that is so obvious, be gentle.
i bought a 95 YJ a few months ago, same problem, always water in in drivers
floor pan. took a few weeks no narrow it down, inc. putting the wife in there while i hosed down the jeep. seems it was 3 places. the vent box outside, the overflow tube was filled with leafs, acorns and something that looked like a small pelt. flushed it out and cut off the bottom 3 inches. mainly where the flap was, keeps the tube open. 2nd was 4 holes drilled in the driver side, bottom, windshield hinge. a little RTV fixed that, and 3 was
i found a small gap in the windshield gasket, right at the bottom, dead center
where the water can run when the jeep is outside in the rain.
looks like that solved it, need to take her outside and let in rain, but it's pouring down here, don't want to get her wet, (ha)
anyway, good job on ripping the carpet out, 1st thing i did with mine.
plan on do the rhino thing in a few weeks, when it warms up a little here.

I lied, i went up to my uncles yesterday and power sprayed the inside of all the wheels really good! its perfect now, i love going faster then 60 mph now!!!:bomb:

Hey, good to hear!!!!!! That mud'll play h*** if you don't get'r washed out!!! Kinda opened my eyes as far as wheel design goes!!!! Lesson learned, I'm guessin'!!!!!!! (it was for me!).

highpoint said:
new to this forum, so if i say anything that is so obvious, be gentle.
i bought a 95 YJ a few months ago, same problem, always water in in drivers
floor pan. took a few weeks no narrow it down, inc. putting the wife in there while i hosed down the jeep. seems it was 3 places. the vent box outside, the overflow tube was filled with leafs, acorns and something that looked like a small pelt. flushed it out and cut off the bottom 3 inches. mainly where the flap was, keeps the tube open. 2nd was 4 holes drilled in the driver side, bottom, windshield hinge. a little RTV fixed that, and 3 was
i found a small gap in the windshield gasket, right at the bottom, dead center
where the water can run when the jeep is outside in the rain.
looks like that solved it, need to take her outside and let in rain, but it's pouring down here, don't want to get her wet, (ha)
anyway, good job on ripping the carpet out, 1st thing i did with mine.
plan on do the rhino thing in a few weeks, when it warms up a little here.:

Hey, great to see another Tarheel on here!!!! Sounds like you've pretty much solved the problem...............but..............a little water never hurt anybody!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome to Jeepz......stick around!!!!!

Back