suspension lift

I love my 8.8 found one with discs, lsd and matching gear ratio for 200 bucks at a junk yard . Very easy swap just alittle grinding and welding new seals and bearings.I run 36x 13.50 and never had a issue.

1992 ford explorer rear end . 3.73 ratio. Would this work on 95 jeep yj 2.5 manuel?

These are the factory standards for the YJ:
2.5L manual - 4.10
2.5L auto - 3.73
4.0L manual - 3.55
4.0L auto - 3.07

found the answer myself lol

Who's Manuel? Haha I would hold out for a 95 and up 8.8 they come with disc brake which is a nice upgrade. Make sure you match the gear ratio with your front end. And once you buy one make sure you weld the axle tubes to the diff. They are pressed in and could spin lose when wheeling.

Lol damn typo. Ok I appreciate the info. Ill make sure I do that. Soon as I find an axle that is

So i found the gears from a 95 that would fit my jeep for 20 bucks. My question is how hard would it be to rebuild the rear end? seeing as all the gears were in pieces when i opened her up, I dont know how difficult or where they fit in. Any advice would be great. I was going to upgrade to a different rear end but for 20 bucks i dont think I can pass the offer. Here is the link to the post.
87-95 Jeep Wrangler gears

When you set up gears in a axle you need to know what your doing. There is alot of precise measurements like your backlash and gaping. If one of these are off the rear end will grenade and you will be back where you started. A mistake could also damage your transfer case. It's not rocket science but I would find a guy that will let you look over his shoulder so you can do it your self next time. This is what I did and glad I did because there was alot more involved than I thought.

8.8 rear axle from a '95+ Ford Explorer. They can be found with gear ratios common to Jeeps. Look for an L on the diff tag, it'll look like 4 L 10 if it's a 4.10 axle with a limited slip differential.

see I've never taken out a rear end and replaced it, that's why I was thinking of spending the 20 bucks for the gears for the dana 35, but if it's complicated and more difficult than just swapping out ill just swap. I would still need to research all that is needed to do this project. I am going home in a few weeks and I'm going to hit up the junk yards to find this rear end.

Back