strong bumpers for Grand Cherokee

loner

Hi everybody, I'm new in this forum and new with the jeep vehicles. I recently got me a Grand Cherokee Laredo '98. What I'm looking for is a front bumper, the one made in steel that could hold a winch, I saw a couple of jeeps with this bumpers... also this steel bumper stick out like 12 in. and is attach (or should be)to the frame of the jeep.
I already checked WARN, ROCK HARD, FOUR REAL, etc... and no one has this bumper or something like that for Grand Cherokees, almost every item is for cherokees...
If someone can guide me in this I will really aprecciate it.
Loner.

I am really happy with my ARB BullBar on my wj, and they make a nice ARB ZJ Winch Bull Bar, that I think looks pretty slick.

is Smittybilt still around?

I thought they went under:?|

is Smittybilt still around?

I thought they went under:?|

I haven't seen anything advertised from Smittybilt in a while. If you do a search for Smittybilt on Quadratec's website, you'll get no search results. Don't hold me to this, but I think I saw Rugged Ridge associated with Smittybilt for a few weeks a while back. Perhaps RR bought SB? :???:

I know I saw a bunch of their stuff on ebay at closeout prices a few months back

build your own, for about $200's you can build what ever your heart desires, besides it is fun and you can look at your handy work and be happy you didn't shovel out $700-$800's. by the way smittybilt is done, put a fork in it.

I do beleive that protofab4x4.com makes some for the ZJ.

LR

It's really not good to make your own. First, its not that easy. Also It's more expensive to make one. I tried it myself and I was so disappointed with the output of my bumper. That's why I decided to purchase a jeep bumper for my jeep, good thing here is it costs less than other stores.

Last edited by a moderator:

I used a 3/16 plate and mounted in the front frame holes. and got some tube steal and drilled the holes in the plates. slid the tube steal and welded. Il tryposting some pics of mine. used to pull chevys out a couple times.lmao

cant get the pics to work. pm me your email and Il send them to ya

Back