Stock TJ Now What

INtj

I have been reading this site for months now and feel like I need some of the expert advice that I read here everyday.

I have a 99TJ 30" wheel package auto and I would like to go to 32" or 33"

I will be using it for light to moderate off roading and a daily driver

Question:

Should I go with something like 2" spacers and a 1" BL?

RE 3.5" SL or some other SL?

Do I need new wheels to run 32" or 33"?[addsig]

there are more questions that you need to answer in order to get an accurate and well informed opinion:

-where do you live? climate?

-what do you use your jeep for? daily driver?

-what do you want to use your jeep for? mud pits, rock crawling, etc?

-what percentage of the time will you be on/off road?[addsig]

I live in Indiana, all kinds of weather here. I drive the jeep everyday but for low miles and not on the interstate.

I am not into rock crawling at this time. Most trails around here involve mud, but I am hoping to find some good spots for testing articulation.

In short highway is the most important but I would like a tj that is able to venture onto most trails even if I have to bypass some of the major obstacles.

Thanks for the intrest dingus.

INtj[addsig]

and the last question... how much credit do you have on your plastic?
image-missing.png

from the sounds of it, you'd benefit from a small lift (2 inch or so) and get some 32's or somethin...[addsig]

I agree with Nate..........Thats close to what I'm doing myself Rob
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

if i just do a 2" suspension lift can i fit 33's on there[addsig]

33's will fit, but will be very tight. If you flex the suspension at all, you'll have a tire up into your fender. Most people put a 4" lift and go to 33's. I run 31's and a 2" BDS lift.[addsig]

I agree with Raven...I currently run a 4" Teraflex suspension lift with a 1" coil spacer...tires BFG MT's (33X12.5 - stock rims). No problems with flex. I wouldn't go any lower with 33's though, my opinion!!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Thank you for all the help.

I think for now I will go with 2" spacer and 31" tires on stock rims.

I like everything I hear about the bfg KO what do you think?

[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>I agree with Raven...I currently run a 4" Teraflex suspension lift with a 1" coil spacer...tires BFG MT's (33X12.5 - stock rims). No problems with flex. I wouldn't go any lower with 33's though, my opinion!!
image-missing.png
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

see this jeep is not getting much life off road i am looking for an aggressive look with little lift... till its paid off at least.. but i may buy a cj for my mud boggin fun[addsig]

Hey I have a question for you guys with 33x12.50's on stock rims. Are those rims 15x7 or 15x8, also did you use a wheel spacer
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

AJFrank - my rims are 15X8 without spacers...FYI [addsig]

Minimum 2inch lift for 32" and 3inch lift for 33" and with a 3" lift you can run up to 33x11.50 on stock rims 12.50's will usually rub on the spring buckets at full stuff,if you wish to run 12.50's you can do so by installing a 5 inch lift[4inch might work with some tires] which will raise the spring buckets out of the way.
image-missing.png
If you go to 33" tires 4.10 gears would be neccessary.I have run 32x11.50 with factory 3.73 gears and they worked fairly well.[addsig]

Back