So, what gave everyone the "Jeep Bug"?!

Re: So, what gave everyone the "Jeep Bug"?!

Mine started about a year ago when we went down to OBX, NC.. We were on the beach when 5 huge yj's flew by right on the tide line.. the next day we went down to a jeep rental place and rented two stock Tj's. I was only 15 at the time so I wasn't allowed to drive. But we had a blast. Three days after we got home I started looking for a Jeep. Within two weeks I bought me first Jeep, a 1993 YJ 4cyl. It has been quite a learning experience with body work and motors. Hopefully by next winter I will have it be the way that I want it.... But that is how I got "The Jeep Bug"

We moved to Alabama way back in the late 60's, I was about 7. My dad had a '49 Ford bread truck that he bought when we lived in Colorado Springs. He drove it to AL at about a top speed of 50. We had that truck until about 5 years ago. I did not have a place to keep it or I would have kept it....but I digress.

When we came to AL we moved in with my grandmother for about 2 years. We lived on a farm in Wilcox Co, AL. So at the grand old age of 7 I learned to drive the ol truck.

My uncle had a WWII jeep that he kept of the farm. We had about 300 acres of fields so I played in the jeep when I could. I think I fell in love with Jeeps right then.

Once I able to drive legally I always wanted a Jeep but it was just not in the cards..so I consider my Jeep my "mid life crisis" vehicle but I don't think I will ever be without one again.

Re: 1054193

daisy_duke_jeep-1.jpg

'nuff said. :shades:

DANG! Now I wanta get a CJ ;)

I have always had 4wds. I have always liked Jeeps or monster trucks since I was a kid.
My 1st 4wd I bought was a POS GMC S15 Jimmy with a 2.8L 5 spped 4wd. Always something major wrong with it. One day I got tired of dealing with it, always breaking hard to work on.
So I went out and bought a wrangler, had good luck - never broke down. Easy to work on.
Since then I have always owned at least 1 or more jeeps.

I originally needed a good versatile tow vehicle to take on camping trips behind my motorhome-Sold some jet skis and found a nice 95yj with tow bar etc...
Now I am hooked and cant wait to park the work truck and head up the canyon for my special fishin hole or a little off road fun.
Wish I would have purchased one in high school instead of that 67 chevelle and all those tickets !!!!

Back