Rear Window on 89 Grand Wagoneer

skindoggy2000

Hey guys -- I'm a newbie here, so apologies if I sound stupid....

I am driving a 1989 Grand Wagoneer that I love endlessly. Just yesterday the rear window stopped working -- it will roll down about 2 inches, and then it stops totally. I don't hear any motor whine or grind or anything like that -- it just stops, totally. Now, I know a lot of people have problems with this windows, but all the problems I have read refer to windows that are stuck either up or down: not that work for 2 inches. Any advice on what this problem might be would be fantastic, or where to start looking.

This place is great, by the way -- it took me all night to find it!

-mike

It seems weird to me, though -- the motor SEEMS to run fine. For two inches, it is just as strong as it always was. But then it stops -- and stops on a dime, not like the motor is tired or weary or anything like that. Further, the right side of the window (as seen from outside the truck) seems to go a hair further down then the left. Do they ever get caught on anything inside of the gate? I checked out the columns that the windows run down and they SEEM to straight and unblocked.

Welcome!

I agree... It doesn't really sound like a motor problem. If it were a motor problem you'd have problems throughout the entire up/down range of the window. I believe there is some kind of limiter that is responsible for the window stopping.

When Mudderchuck gets back on the board, he may be able to help you. He knows about power windows :D

-Nick :!:

Back