POR 15

wsgoodspeed

I have just about finished painting my project CJ 7, as I said befor I had some trouble with POR 15's hard nose paint, it set very fast and bubbled in several places where I had painted the inside of the tub. I called them today and they told me my trouble was caused by high humidity. The hard nose paint is a 2 part paint that is reactive to water when it is wet, it speeds the hardening, any way they were very cool, they are sending me new paint and some extras. I am going to try again on a day the humidity is down a bit lower. I have painted the frame, engine compartment, axesl, under body, fenders and inside the entire tub. It looks AWSOME, I had to cut out several rusted spots out of the floor where the tub mounts, I should not have to worry about rust for a LONG time now (if this stuff does what they say it does). Anyway I thought I would give the company credit, they sounded interested in keeping me happy and treating me right. That is hard to find these days!

How to remove spare tire, and third brake light...

That's good to know.

How much did all that por-15 cost you??? Someone told me it was fairly expensive so not to use much of it, is this true?

jeeprostyle, it is priced a little high but it is worth it....You get what you pay for ...$.02

wanted door strap on YJ door

jeepinstien said:
My turn for a dumb question.
What is POR 15? Is it a primer, top coat, ect. :?: :?

POR stands for paint over rust :p

LMAO that is a good question and I have no clue....Hmmmmmmmmmmm????

Well maybe they should just call por-15 Paint over Rust . . and call the top coat , " TP-15"

Good idea. . . i think i'll email them a nice wholesome letter, give them a piece of my mind. Maybe i'll link them to this post and show them what kind of headache there giving people with this " 15 " they just so happened to throw onto " POR " . Wonder if they'll give me some free product for showing them the way . . . .

LMAO ......Wouldn't hurt lead the way I will sign the petition .LOL :p :p :p

I had to do quite a bit of work to the tub to get it where I wanted it, I cut out rust, patched the holes, put a body filler in to smooth it all out, wire wheeled the entire inside of the tub, applied por 15, and top coated with their hard nose 2 part paint, I also did the engine compartment, frame, axels, and under body and I think I am into it for about $ 250. It is expensive but I did not want to worry about rust anymore. I like to leave the top off and just run the bikini, so if it rains, no big deal! It looks GREAT too.

It took 15 tries to get it right?????????????? With preparation H, what happened to the people who tried, Preparation A thru G??????????

Jackal :D :D :D :D :p :D :D

Back