No Heat!!!

My 82' CJ-5 6 cyl has a REV rotation water pump. (it's also the serptine belt variaty) The stock pump should have the letters REV stamped on it somewhere ( can't recall the exact location, been a while since I dealt with it)

I checked the pump, nothing to indicate reverse pump. I hooked up everything last night except for the lower hose. going to do it now. Tonight is the night.

Leaking front D30

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody wanna buy heat??? No problem now!! Put my BBQ thermometer. 145 degrees!! Just in time for my pig hunt this weekend!! I want to thank all you Jeep buddies out there who gave me advice. Anything I can do to return the favor, let me know.

Laughing @ 2jeep, :lol:

Great job of troubleshooting, 2jeep!

I doubt if I would have ever thought of checking the waterpump rotation direction if I had been in your shoes.

Way to go, guy!!!!

Gadget

Glad to hear you found the problem. I thought I had Mine licked but after soldering up my leak and maken presure to get the heat going I blew out a lin in the center of my old orginal radaitor. :cry: So I take it to Bud Radiator repair! he tryed to fix it and the presure tested it only to blow it out again and again. :cry: So he ordered me a replacement only this time a three row new in the box wild and wollie shinny non leaking super duper 158 buck radiator. Now as of tomorow I will have a brand new from start to finish cooling system. Every hose, Thermostat, clamp, core, blower motor, everything will be brand new. This jeep is killing me. I need a second job! tug

Just got back in town, NO PIGS!!! Oh well, just getting out is good for me. The heater worked great!!! It was 27degrees up there this morning. I guess the pigs decided to stay in the blanket. Great BBQ last night though. I just have a bikini top but it wasn't bad at all. Maybe next time.

YJ Bolt On Shackle Reversel Kit

27 degrees! in a bikini top! you are CRAZY! If I where you , I would have stayed in the blanket, just like the piggies. lol. Man, I am driving around in my bikini top in 40 degree weather and I am freezing my behind off! Oh well, I'm sure the pigs will come out sooner or later, you just have to be there to get em'-al

2jeep2think said:
The heater worked great!!! It was 27degrees up there this morning. I just have a bikini top but it wasn't bad at all.

Dude you deserve a Jeeper award or something. Either because you made the heater work good enought to handle 27 degree in a bikini top or just for being so tough that you did not mind! hehehe tug :?

Yea, I must be crazy, but I'll tell you what, 27 degrees with a bikini top in my CJ 7 is a hell of alot better than 78 degrees listening to a damn telephone and the sound of city driving!!!

Back