no heat in my cj7

got it.. I disconnected the heater lines from the engine and ran water thru it from my garden hose. all is well know..

My jeep has a heater.But I have never spent the time to plug in the heater hose to my firewall. :wink:

so what did u do? my heater isnt working worth a crap either and i just replaced the tstat too. so does junk just get built up in there or something? any other things that could make it blow cool air when its to running temps?

kolby

I have my heater core out and am going to be replaceing it as we speak. I also plan to do the "79 Blazer Blower Motor replacement" while I am in there. More CFM of hot air has to be a good thing. I can not stand to be cold in the winter when out running thru the hills. Tug

hey lankchevy... i took both heater lines off of the engine. one from the intake and the one from the water pump, then i put the nozzle of my garden hose and forced water thru it. allot of brown ditry crappy water came out. i kept running water till clean water came out. hooked everything back up and now i have heat. i have heard of people blowing compressed air thru it then using water, but i just decided to do the water thing.

hey tug-n-pull, let me know how you make out with the blower motor upgrade and what exactly you had to do.... also the part number of the blower motor ou bought. i already have a chevy motor so i may as well match my heater motor to it.. hahahahaha....

Air bubble in system plus the junk floating in the system likes the heater core whenever draining system flush it. Also use distilled water.

Back