new lift

wranglerman

I was thinking about getting a new lift for my jeep. It is a 1989 wrangler and right now it has a 4in BDS suspension lift. I was wanting something that would flex a lot more and that has a smoother ride. who should i chek out for a 6 in lift. thanks

wranglreman i would like to know if you were happy with your bds lift im looking for a lift and that a company on my list

RE: neubie help

The BDS spring packs aren't bad. You don't have many more options that are going to be big step up.....

Rubicon Express, Skyjacker,....ummm....a set of custom packs?

I don't know of anyone who has reported being unhappy with their RE leaf kit, but I can only speak from second hand experiences. I've installed the RE XJ kits and I can tell you that their quality has gotten much better over the years. I've never had ANY bad experiences from Skyjacker, but reviews I've seen or heard from others are somewhat mixed.

A 4" leaf is going to flex better than a similarly built 6" leaf. The monoleaf SJ kit addresses that, but again, mixed reviews on that one. I'd stick with the 4" if you want to stay SUA, and add Shackle/BL/TJ flares for any extra clearance.

time update

the bds lift that i have has been alright. the onlye thing that i do not like is that the ride is extremely rough. i was thinking about getting new shocks or turning the front springs around. i heard this would make a huge difference in the ride.

a shackle reversal does make a difference because of the way force is transmitted through the springs when a bump is hit, it also nets you about an inch of lift in the front. the only thing to be careful of with a shackle reversal is your driveshaft, they have a tendancy to pull apart when flexed unless you have a long spline front shaft.

RE: promotional codes

Are your shackles too tight?

What kind of shocks do you have?

No 6" SUA lift is going to ride well. You'll need to go SOA for ride comfort at that lift height.

yea... for rough ride check your shackle torque (use longer bolts w/jamb nuts for looser fit w/o backing off) and shocks input as well... lower tire pressure (while keeping a good footprint) helps - how old is the lift - they get softer with time sometimes ... hmmm that didnt sound right... oh well... my $.02...

Back