New 258 going in question

iraq_vet_x2

Gents, I'm new to the site, but not to my Jeep. I'm about to replace my worn out 258 with a new one that I already ordered. I didn't want to do any 4.0 swap because I wanted to keep it simple, especially since I just finished with my Peugeot to 3550 swap. (BTW I can answer any questions someone might have on that subject) I'd like to know now, before the thing gets here, what I'm going to need to do this swap. I know I'm probably going to need new fly wheel bolts, because it's never a good idea to reuse those, and probably new motor mounts, but I'm hoping there's someone out there who's done this before or that's just educated on the subject, that can clue me in.

i would rebuild the entire clutch system at this time if you haven't already, as long as the engine is removed. at least put in a new throw-out bearing because when i reused the old one it seems like the dang thing always went out very soon after the job was "done". also i would start with the lightest oil i could find and change the oil and filter after the first 50-100 miles because this is when most of the metal shavings and dust come off the new engine. and of course drive it real easy for the first 500 miles, try to stay under 50 mph. good luck, john

Hey, that's really good info. I'm going with the light oil then, and the quick change on it. I recently did a swap of my Peugeot for a new NV3550 and I redid my clutch components then, but that's definatly sound advice. Thanks.

Back